Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

BDC scope?

Old 02-14-2008, 08:52 PM

Default BDC scope?

I'm looking for a BDC scope. Can anyone give me suggestions based on what you have experienced(pros/cons) with the different scopes on the market?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BDC scope?

I have scopes with the Nikon BDC, The Leupold B&C, The Leupold Varmint Hunter's reticle, and the Burris Ballistic Plex.

I rank the BDC at the bottom of the list, and for hunting the Leupold B&C is the best.

The BDC has far too many lines, I can not understand the reasoning for circles inside their reticle. The BDC also has no windage retentions. The Burris has good crosshairs for their scope, but Burris also has no windage lines. The Leupold has both the elevation, and the windage crosshairs.

The BDC is just too confusing. Tom.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BDC scope?

I have leupold B&C and swarovski tds plex, I haven't looke through a bdc, why would they go with circles vs. crosshairs? that didn't make much sense to me, though for a muzzle loader I like the idea of the dropoffs associated with the bdc.....

the leupold B&C is nice, though you have to be at full magnification for it to work out to 500yds ....though then again, why wouldnt you be at full mag if you were shooting that far. so from 300-500 you need to be at full mag for it to work correctly, the swarovski works at any magnification.