Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Need help picking out a ML >

Need help picking out a ML

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Need help picking out a ML

Old 02-06-2008, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default Need help picking out a ML

Hey All,
I'm looking at buying a new ML for the groom of the wedding I'm going to be in here in the near future. Me and the other groomsmen are all going in on it. The problem is we are all experienced hunters, just not knowledgeable when it comes to black powder rifles. He is currently using a cva wolf and we are wanting to get him a really nice gun. We are looking to keep it under $600. What are the best options for us to look at under that price?

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2008, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need help picking out a ML

ORIGINAL: rynigner

Hey All,
I'm looking at buying a new ML for the groom of the wedding I'm going to be in here in the near future. Me and the other groomsmen are all going in on it. The problem is we are all experienced hunters, just not knowledgeable when it comes to black powder rifles. He is currently using a cva wolf and we are wanting to get him a really nice gun. We are looking to keep it under $600. What are the best options for us to look at under that price?

Thanks!
An Omega or a TC Triumph or a Savage 10ML are all good guns. If you want accuracy AND smokeless powder buy the Savage,

http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=BV&amp ;category=0&prodID=BV10MLSSIIXP

if you want a Scope and a ML you can get an Omega with a nice Nikon, Burris or Bushness Elite 3200 for under $600. If you want the latest technology get the TC Triumph:

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=000318511

and this Firefly Bushell Elite 3200 Scope:

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=00027323946M

Here is an Omega with Weather Shield:
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=000318865

You can get these rifles cheaper by shopping around on the Internet. No FFL needed for MLers.

Chap Gleason
Old 02-06-2008, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good info from Chap. You can get a pretty nice muzzleloader in that price range. I'll also add a Knight KRB to the list. I'm looking for a new MZ and the KRB, Savage 10ML, and the Omega are on my list to check out this spring.

That groom is one lucky guy to have good friends like yourselfs
Old 02-06-2008, 07:46 AM

ORIGINAL: rynigner

Hey All,

Thanks!
Really it all depends on the state were you live and the regulations, if you can use smokless I would go with a Savage ML, if your state dose not allow smokeless then I would look at the Knights a KRB7 & the Disc Extreme or Rev. 2 the Knights are great shooters and are top of the line ML. I own 4 Extremes and a KRB7 and I love them.
If your guy likes the Break open guns like the Wolf then I would look at the Knight Vision or the TC tryumph .

Ron
Old 02-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

rynigner
I sent you a e-mail/PM
Old 02-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Dominant Buck

While his CVA Wolf is probably a good rifle for what he needs, there is nothing wrong with getting another rifle. Depending on the laws of the State where you hunt, the Savage ML 10, Omega, Pro Hunter, Encore, Triumph, KRB-1, KRB-7, Kinght Disc Extreme, there are a lot of rifles out there. To say one is better then the other would be hard to do. It would depend on the build of the person owning the rifle and their likes and dislikes.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

Get him a gift certificate and let him Pick out his own Just make sure the new wife doesn't make him spend it on something else.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

Well he lives in Indiana and they seem to allow pretty much anything except high power rifles, and he talks about T/C's alot. The only gun of their's that I am familiar with isthe encore and I don't really think he'd have much use for it sense he has all the other bases covered that it can do minus a high power hand gun.... Thank's for all the help thus far...

On a side not we have found a stainless/camo synthetic triumph from cabela's for $449, andthey also have an All camo Omega for ten bucks more.Which is a better gun/buy,is that a good price for em or should we look elsewhere?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:50 AM

cva optima Elite, Change it from muzzleloader, to shotgun to centerfire. www.budsgunshop.com
Old 02-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Typical Buck

I like and have a savage. It shoots better than my abolt. Lots of guys on the savage forum from indiana. Knight's are good too, but no smokeless. I've never personally seen a T/C (lots of omegas around here) that will shoot with a savage or a knight. The T/C does look easier to clean, but again non issue with smokeless. Check out savages here. http://dougva.proboards34.com/index.cgi?board=Savage

Some hotrodders, but very good info.

Quick Reply: Need help picking out a ML

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.