Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Bullet Golf

Old 02-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bullet Golf

Hey guys, here is some real fun if you have a private range. Set up targets at varying distances from 20 to 100 yds permitting your range, and attach as many of ballons as you would have shooters to each target. (My friends maintained one color per shooter through the course.) Then all agree to take turns shooting at the same target trying to hit your ballon and progress when the "hole" has been completed. It's just like golf as the lower your score the better. We mixed it up a bit to allow some strengths and weaknesses to be had by all. Meaning we would shoot a "hole" standing, squatting, prone, etc.. It really makes it fun and you do want to do your best or else. Just thought I would share this in case anyone is looking for a twist in their shooting routines.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bullet Golf

I have friends who asked a time or two to go shoot a round of golf with them.
I sure get goofy looks when I ask if I should use my Hawkins or bring one of the Remingtons.
[&:]Funny they all in the end tell me never mind just stay and play with your bullets.

Al

Old 02-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I've played that game with friends only we used clay birds. Each bird was 0 points and a miss was a#1. A hit did not count against you. So the best you could shoot was a zero. But you were required to hit the target before you could move to the next station. If it took you two or three shots, then so be it. You just kept racking up points for each miss. There were a total of seven birds on the course. We did this both timed and untimed. Due to one fellow we no longer do timed shoots as some can not take the strain and do it in a safe manner.

We then had the same thing as you, some were free hand, some were leaning into trees, or in different positions. It was a lot harder then I ever thought it would be.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like really good practice! Fun, and a good reason to shoot!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

Lots of variations to the game. Get someone to go along a trail or logging road and put up targets. Then still hunt and shoot from whatever position you have to when you spot the target. Not knowing where they are throws a little fun in the game.

Charlie