Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

opening day!

Old 11-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default opening day!

Shot this 92lb doe this morning... the deer was quarting to me at 95 yardsand the 300 grain Nosler PP took her through the front shoulder and exited behind the off shoulder,,, through the smoke, it looked like she cut a flip and went straight down. This is the first game animal I've taken with my new Pro-Hunter... the load was three JSG Sticks and the big Nosler.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: opening day!

Exit behind off shoulder of the Nosler.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: opening day!

ORIGINAL: flint head

Shot this 92lb doe this morning... the deer was quarting to me at 95 yardsand the 300 grain Nosler PP took her through the front shoulder and exited behind the off shoulder,,, through the smoke, it looked like she cut a flip and went straight down. This is the first game animal I've taken with my new Pro-Hunter... the load was three JSG Sticks and the big Nosler.
That is perfect eating size. My son, 23, got a nice basket 6pt this AM on our VA opener. 300g Nosler PP also shot from a Knight Disc Extreme with 100g of loose 777, about 35 yards away. All the way thru. Deer went a 100 yards before piling up. I saw a 3 point that must have been runing with the 6, but passed him up and two turkeys.
Chap Gleason