Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Precision Rifle Bullets >

Precision Rifle Bullets

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Precision Rifle Bullets

Old 10-17-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Precision Rifle Bullets

Wondering if anyone has used the bullets made by Precision Rifle, out of Anola, Manitoba, Canada? Am looking particularly at their Extreme Elite .40 C for my Traditions Pursuit LT .50 caliber. Will also post this in the "Other Areas" section of the Regional Forums to see if there is any response specifically from Canadian BP shooters.

Thanks.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Precision Rifle Bullets

I've shot their Silver Lightening Dead Centers and they were a very accurate projectile. They were 300 grain and had a lot of down range thump. I think they have a good product. Perhaps they over rate it a little, but for all I have read from other members, their bullets are accurate and take game very well.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used the 340 gr Dead Centers out of my Omega with 100 gr T7 pellets. They were quite accurate at 100 yds.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v445/HuntAway/?action=view&current=Zero50Cal2.bmp

and expanded nicely when fired through a 5 gal pail of black earth.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/HuntAway/BeforeAfter.jpg
Old 10-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

I give the silverlighting 300 grainers a thumbs up drop two seer in there tracks.
I took a huge 8 pointer with the Qt'S 45 300 grain did the job but a poor blood trail seem the bullet made one hole and no exit hole
Old 10-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

I love their bullets. I shoot an older knight wolverine with the #11 cap. I originally shot either the hornady xtp 300 grain bullets or the 303 grain bullets remington used to market, both jacketed hollow points over either 90 or 100 grains of pyrodex rs. They all shot so accurately I couldn't believe it. I shot 3 deer with these bullets and never found any of them. I was at the point of giving up muzzleloading until someone turned me on to these bullets. I honestly thing that mypowder/bullet combo weren't producing the velocitiesneeded for good expansion on the bulletsI was shooting. I called them and went all theway down to a 220 grain bullet(dead center 220 grain) over80 grains of777powder. Not only is this loadincredibly accurate (I only shoot about 50 yds, maybe a little more) but the expansion and knock down power is out of this world. The first 2 deer I shot with it dropped in their tracks. The last one ran maybe40 yards and left a blood trail anyone could follow.This is pretty typicalperformance from what i hear. Hopefully you will find the same performance. Go to their website, www.prbullet.com and check out their bullet selection chart. It will give you a good idea of what will perform well in your rifles rate of twist. I don't have any affiliation with their company but I will tell you they literally saved my muzzleloading career. I would have given up hunting with a muzzleloader if I would have lost another deer. Let us know what you decide. Thanks, Greg