Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

precision bullets

Old 06-02-2005, 05:53 PM

Default precision bullets

I bought about 160 bullets from ebay simply because I did not want to deal with the owner of Precision bullets. Some of you have dealt with him and realize how enlighted he is....so when I found the bullets on ebay and after reading Randy's article about precision I decided to buy these bullets. I have 40 rounds of the .50 cal spitzer poly tip in 215 grain. After weighing ALL of these bullets they were exactly all 216 grains.

What has impressed me the most (bear with me as I'm new) is that I have 120 rounds of the Extreme HP 253 in 330 grain. I weighed them all and they all weigh exactly 330 grains. The reason that I'm impressed is simply because each round, arrow, broadhead, etc...that I buy to hunt whitetail with I weigh. What can I say--I'm anal.

Usually what I find is that the rounds will weigh within 2 grains of each other. Now I know that 2 grains will not make any difference. So hopefully, I'll be shooting this weekend--if I can get my "honey do" list completed and I'll post some results. My guns are going to get a workout this weekend.[8D]

Sorry to ramble

Paul
Old 06-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: precision bullets

Good luck at the range.. I shot the 300 grains Silver Lightening by Precision Bullets when I first bought my Black Diamond XR. They were recommended by someone with a lot more inline experience then I had. I was real impressed with the way they shot although I did not get a chance to shoot a deer with them. I shot them all off before deer season. Their quality and performance was not a let down at all. The price was a little high, but when your buying quality products you expect to pay a little more for it.

I'm sure you are going to have great luck with them. I will be watching for your updates...
Old 06-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot the PR Dead Centers 340 gr with my Omega and they were pretty good. It was a pretty windy day but still not too bad.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Zero50Cal2.bmp
Old 06-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

That's one thing about the PR bullets..............they are VERY consistent.
I think you'll find those Extremes will work very well for you. My Knight just eats them up in 300, 360, & 400gr versions. It also likes the QT ballistics tips in the same weights. I've not had as good of luck with the Dead Centers though..............those always throw a flyer into every group I've tried.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought about 160 bullets from ebay simply because I did not want to deal with the owner of Precision bullets. Some of you have dealt with him and realize how enlighted he is...
Please elaborate...email me if you don't want to discuss it in public.

Mike
Old 06-03-2005, 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: driftrider

I bought about 160 bullets from ebay simply because I did not want to deal with the owner of Precision bullets. Some of you have dealt with him and realize how enlighted he is...
Please elaborate...email me if you don't want to discuss it in public.

Mike
You have mail
Old 06-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

This thread bothers me. I too, have called Precision Bullets and I got a kick out of the fellow I talked to on the phone. Yup, he had an opinion and let me have it. Fact is, he knows more about his bullets than I even want to know. He gave me a better idea and it worked really well on the whitetail I knocked clean off it's feet last fall. Shoot, I called for a little help, otherwise I could have ordered from Cabelas online. I doubt Mr. Precision cares what you think about him, but I think he makes a mighty fine bullet. Jim
Old 06-07-2005, 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: 2eagles

This thread bothers me.
Sorry bout that but keep in mind this is my experience and not yours.

ORIGINAL: 2eagles I doubt Mr. Precision cares what you think about him, but I think he makes a mighty fine bullet. Jim

Remember that as customers we have a right not to be ridiculed or insulted. IF you feel the need to patronize someone who holds his customers (especially someone who is new and asking questions) in such "high regard" then feel free to do so. I, however will look elsewhere. The only reason that I bought these off of ebay is because I knew that precision would not get my money as this was a gun shop that went under or bankrupt. As to Cecil making the best bullets well that is a matter of opinion. I will say that his bullets are well made, but so are Mark's from Huntermans Boolets and others.

I do appreciate your opinion.

Regards
Paul
Old 06-11-2005, 09:00 AM

I'm always looking for new bullets - is there a web page for these bullets?
Old 06-11-2005, 09:22 AM

http://www.prbullet.com/
Rick here the web page,I myself used the silver lighting and there results were excellent

Quick Reply: precision bullets

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.