Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Trigger pull on Winchester Apex >

Trigger pull on Winchester Apex

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Trigger pull on Winchester Apex

Old 09-27-2007, 12:46 AM

Default Trigger pull on Winchester Apex

Shot my Apex today and she is dead on at 150 yards. My question is this--can I adjust the trigger pull and if I can how can I go about doing this. I would really like to lighten it up a little bit more because it is pretty heavy.

Thanks for you help.

River Rat
Old 09-27-2007, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trigger pull on Winchester Apex

I've not really messed with the trigger on my son's Apex. I would contact BPI about it, others have sent their guns in and had them do trigger jobs on them. I'm not sure what, if any, costs are involved but I know they will do it. Some of those that have had their's done will probably chime in soon.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

I don't have any idea if your Winchester trigger can be adjusted without getting into the sear and hammer engagement:
I done what it called a poors mans trigger job:first get some oil down on the trigger and sear then apply pressure to the hammer while pulling the trigger this is called bolstering the trigger would do it 10 times remember you have to apply a lot of pressure to the hammer in the c--k position .

Old 09-27-2007, 01:48 PM

Email or call cva, They will adjust it free of charge. I think they lightest they will adjust them to is either 3 or 3 1/2 lbs. The Apex comes preset at 4 - 4 1/2lb trigger pull.

Another thing you could try out is buy a can of Birchwood Casey Molly Lube and shake the can up for a few minutes and then spray inside the trigger area and allow that to dry, Work the trigger a few times and recoat it again. I do this on my winchester every now and then to keep things lubed in there and its done a great job and smoothed out the trigger.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:29 AM

Thanks for the info I will have to look into that.

River Rat