Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Trigger Pull

Old 02-21-2003, 05:36 PM

Default Trigger Pull

Anyone ever had their shotgun trigger adjusted? I am considering this option because I know it made a difference in shooting with my deer rifle. If so then what is the amount of pull on your trigger? I have come to learn that most shotgun triggers come in the 5 to 8 lb. range. I figured that a pull from 3.5 to 4 lbs. would be more desirable. What are your thoughts?
Old 02-21-2003, 05:48 PM

Default RE: Trigger Pull

i neverthought of it but that makes sense to have a trigger pull like a rifle becuse you are aimin it like a rifle
Old 02-21-2003, 05:53 PM

A good idea but I know some shotguns have very little that can be done to clean up the triggers.
Old 02-21-2003, 05:58 PM

It would be a good idea if it can be done with your particular gun. But someone posted on here recently on this topic that their gunsmith couldn' t do much as far as cleaning up and adjusting the trigger on their Rem. 870. Just getting the creep out of the trigger would be helpful. Maybe someone else has had experience with trying to have their turkey gun' s trigger lightened up. I would be interested in hearing from someone who has tried this.
Old 02-21-2003, 05:59 PM

i have actually found a person who can adjust some triggers and plan on sending my trigger assembly to him. if anyone wants info., let me know.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

He can adjust the trigger if he' s a good gunsmith. I had mine done on my 870 and it was just what I wanted, it got the creep out of the trigger. I was thinking of doing it to my new 1187 but because I have shot it yet I' m holding off for now. I' m sure I' ll have it done. Don' t expect a to have it come back with a hair trigger, as it was said above there' s not a lot of adjusting they can do on Remingtons. Something about their trigger assembly having plastic parts.

If you have a gun set-up just for turkey hunting it' s not a bad idea to have it done. It cost me $30 and the guy had it for three days! Good luck
Old 02-22-2003, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

I saw somewhere that you could get a replacement trigger assembly for Remingtons that was much more like a rifle trigger. They didn' t make them for my Mossberg is the reason I don' t remember who it was. If i can find out, I' ll post it. Like MMG said any good gunsmith should be able to improve it some.
Old 02-22-2003, 03:43 PM

Take some creap out yes, adjust it no. The aftermarket trigger assemblies for the Remington will set you back almost the cost of a gun. Best fix for me was to replace the gun with one that had a good crisp trigger. By the way, when I contacted Remington about how much trigger creap my gun had, they agreed with my gunsmith that there was nothing in the design that allowed any adjustment of the trigger and even said the trigger was designed for a high trigger pull because a shotgun trigger is supposed to be pulled not squeezed.
Old 02-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

TarheelT- You' ll be happy you did it! It can be " fixed"
Old 02-23-2003, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

mk-m-gobl, if you had the trigger on your 1187 " fixed" and want to do it on your 870 why don' t you just swap them out? Aren' t they interchangeable?

Quick Reply: Trigger Pull

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.