Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Durasight Z2 rings/base for Optima >

Durasight Z2 rings/base for Optima

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Durasight Z2 rings/base for Optima

Old 09-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default Durasight Z2 rings/base for Optima

I recently ordered one of these for my Optima 209 and was wondering if anyone else has used these rings/bases? or any others that you would recommend for the Optima. I personally bought my Optima from Cabelas and it came as a set with the Trophy Ridge (Cabelas brand) scope (2.5-7 X 32) and a set of "CHEAP" alluminum rings which fell apart (yes I even used Locktite).The lady at CVA said that I would have to remove the fixed sights on the rifle in order to mount the scope with the med Durasight rings however I was able to mount the scope with the cheap med rings it came with from Cabelas so this seemed odd. What do you guys think? Any input would be great.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Durasight Z2 rings/base for Optima

I purchased these Z2 alloy rings and bases from Cabelas or Bass Pro I think for my Omega. I have had it out and used it quite a bit and am happy with the performance and durability. I have see thru rings and they seem very sturdy to me, much stronger than normal alluminum. Good pick regardless of price - but they were cheap if I remember.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Spike

I reciently put a set of the quick detach Z2 rings on my Knight LRH and I am very pleased with their performance. I'm not so sure they will return to zero if removed butI believe they get close. At any rate a good set of rings and basesfor the price.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds good guys, thanks & good luck this season.