Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
looking to buy a knight >

looking to buy a knight

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

looking to buy a knight

Old 12-22-2002, 11:10 AM

Default looking to buy a knight

i am looking to purchase my first black powder gun and want to get a knight. what models do you recommend that i should look at that are around in the$500 or lower range?
Old 12-22-2002, 11:40 AM

Default RE: looking to buy a knight

any disk rifle will work and you will be glad you got, I shoot a 50 disk about 3 years old I have a 3/9 bushnell and I hit dead on @ 85 yards with 100 grains I would sight in longer but I will never get a 100plus shot in my woods

Evan
Archery Accessories
301-872-0110
Old 12-22-2002, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

dbones,
You will be very pleased with any of the Knight line-up. I purchased a Wolverine about 5 years ago, and it's been great. Two of my buddies have the American Knight, and although it's their economy version, they are fine guns, as well. I just converted mine to shoot the "Full Plastic Jackets", with 209's, and highly recommend the models that utilize this system. Now that they are out with the Disc Extreme, you can find the original Disc rifle for a little cheaper price.
Good luck, and let us know which one you choose.
Trebark

Become one with nature...then grill it.

Edited by - Trebark on 12/22/2002 15:21:32
Old 12-22-2002, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any of the Knights are good. If I was getting a new one, I'd get the Omega. I like the 28 inch barrel. It's also easy to clean. The American Knight is good for the price. Wait a while. Walmart may have a sale now that the season is over.

Old 12-22-2002, 04:14 PM

I to am looking at a Knight Magnum Disc Stainless Black 26" barrel for $439. I have been looking at Cabela's. I first started looking at the Wolverine, but just didnt like the sounds of the 24" barrel. Not to stray you away from a Knight. But I am also considering the T/C Omega.50. Good luck on your choice, and if you get yours before me, let me know what and how it turns out....
Old 12-22-2002, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I had a senior moment when I made the post above. I knew the Omega was T/C. Oh well. Just so you know the difference.

Old 12-23-2002, 09:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dbones,

Shoot me an email, we here at River Valley Outfitters are a wholesale distributor and can beat Cabelas by about $100 on any of the Knight line.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 12-24-2002, 12:51 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Any of the Knights are good. If I was getting a new one, I'd get the Omega. I like the 28 inch barrel. It's also easy to clean. The American Knight is good for the price. Wait a while. Walmart may have a sale now that the season is over.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>i was told that the omega was illegal in massachusetts because of the way you load it.
Old 12-24-2002, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd check your regs just to be sure, but I'd guess that your friend must be mistaken about how the Omega works. It loads from the muzzle just like all ML's, the only thing unique about it is the falling block-like design of the breach. The gun had a breachplug that holds the 209 primer. When the operating lever is moved into battery the breach block with the firing pin enclosed swings up sealing over the breachplug. The external hammer is then cocked manually before firing. So, like all other ML's, the only component loaded at the breach is the primer/cap.

Like I said, check to be sure, but I'd bet if inlines are legal than so is the Omega.

Good luck (and Merry Christmas),

Mike

Gun control means putting the second bullet through the same hole as the first- Ted Nugent
NRA Member
&quot;They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.&quot; -Ben Franklin