Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 First White arrived >

First White arrived

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

First White arrived

Old 04-26-2007, 07:18 AM

Default RE: First White arrived

ORIGINAL: Nimrodder
Heck I sold my Encore so I could buy more bullets for my Whites.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think Bull Shop's 460 grain .504s are a safe bet for most any of the 97s. The .5045 sizing works well in the UMags but also worked well in my (now Woodgoat's) .504 Whitetail. The barrels that are a little undersized are more uncommon - and seem mostly to have been used on the White Lightnings.

Chapman, they'll shoot better... it's just that Dave can't hit chit.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

It is a standard 97 (unfortunately as I would prefer the UMag) although my T-Bolt will end up with the 26in barrel so the 97 with the 22inch is probably just fine. Most of my elk shots have been 100 yards or less. I did pass up a 150 yard shot last year but will get that distance figured out this year since I didn't get drawn anyway. The rifle is marked MTI (not White) and the stainless barrel is the one with the big cone on the crown. I forget whichmanufacturer made that one. The auction site is www.iowawhitetail.com/classified. In fact the rifle is still shown with the $300 price and has not been taken off yet. The recoil pad is pretty stiff and will likely get replaced with a Limbsaver. I have one that I can grind to fit. Not sure they actually make one that will fit the laminated stock from White. It was one of the best deals that I could get to first as the Umags go real fast. I am pleased with the condition also. Always a little cautious on sight unseen muzzleloader purchases. Got to shoot it!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:53 AM

Keith, IF it would help, I will send you a couple Bullshops each in .504 and .5045. That way you can see for sure before placing an order with Dan. That is if sabotloader hasn't shot all the .504's. I'm sure I have some.

PM me your shipping address and I will get them in the mail Saturday.