Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Shooting Omega after new trigger Assembly >

Shooting Omega after new trigger Assembly

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shooting Omega after new trigger Assembly

Old 04-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shooting Omega after new trigger Assembly

My hammer on my Omega wouldn't hold back so sent it into TC right after Christmas. I got my Omega back from TC factory about a month ago but didn't have a chance to shoot it until today. have Leoupold QD Mounts, so I put it back together and shot today at 50 yards at 5 power (I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 3x9 on it).I wantto see how the new trigger assembly would worked. I swabbed between each shot with rusty duck and a dry patch. Shot 100g 777 loose, with Harvester Crushed Rib sabot and Speer Gold Dot 300g. Here is the result.
Chap Gleason

Old 04-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Shooting Omega after new trigger Assembly

WOW!! I bet you were pleased with that. How did the trigger job come out?
Old 04-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

gleason.chapman

Well, I would call that bull - DEAD...

So how does the trigger pull feel?

Have you tried any MMP-3p-Ez load sabots yet. When I was doing some testing and comparing - I remember I got better velocity from the 3p's. I would have to dig back into the targets or the gun book to find the numbers, but I do remember I had less velocity loss with the 3p's...

Old 04-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

WOW!! I bet you were pleased with that. How did the trigger job come out?
I was very pleased. In fact I found it hard to believe, since I only have 1 set of Quick Detach mounts and they are on the Omega, but they worked perfect. The trigger is nice and crisp feels good.
Chap Gleason
Old 04-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

gleason.chapman

Well, I would call that bull - DEAD...

So how does the trigger pull feel?

Have you tried any MMP-3p-Ez load sabots yet. When I was doing some testing and comparing - I remember I got better velocity from the 3p's. I would have to dig back into the targets or the gun book to find the numbers, but I do remember I had less velocity loss with the 3p's...

Yes, I wish I could shoot 100 as well as I can shoot 50. the trigger seemed nice and crisp but I think it is a bit more to pull it. I have not tried the MMP-3P-EZ, since I have about 6 packages of Crushed Rib. I did do the cleaning on my cleaning ram rod with the Spin Jag, and that was really really slick. Thanks for the tip on that. Chap Gleason
Old 04-23-2007, 12:40 PM

Sweet shooting!!! You should give yourself a big pat on the back!

I wish I could shoot at 50 ydsas well asI can shoot at 100 lol. I can't shoot better than a 2 inch at 50 no matter how hard I try.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

Sweet shooting!!! You should give yourself a big pat on the back!

I wish I could shoot at 50 ydsas well asI can shoot at 100 lol. I can't shoot better than a 2 inch at 50 no matter how hard I try.
I know exactly what you mean outdoorslover, my groups at 100 are about 3" with ML and rifle.
Chap Gleason

Old 04-24-2007, 05:20 PM

I know exactly what you mean outdoorslover, my groups at 100 are about 3" with ML and rifle.
Chap Gleason

[/quote]

That's still pretty damn good.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

That's still pretty damn good.
Agreed. I consider 3" groups at 100 yards good shooting. 2" groups are unatainable to me at 100 yds, at 50 yards, sure with a scope.When you start getting at 5" or 6", then I think something is wrong. I have had that happen and it was a loose mount. I buy the bestLeoupould mounts now, and have never had a problem. Chap
Old 04-25-2007, 09:13 PM

I used to consider 6 inch groups good shooting[X(]. Now I think of 3 or 4 inches pretty good at 100 yards---OR 50 yards. Like I said, I can't shoot so great at 50 butat least I'm always consistent from there.

I shoot solely with open sights so I'm not sure what I could expect with a scope.

Quick Reply: Shooting Omega after new trigger Assembly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.