Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 TRU-GLOW broken off >

TRU-GLOW broken off

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TRU-GLOW broken off

Old 01-23-2007, 03:34 PM

Default TRU-GLOW broken off

How do you change a tru-glow front sight on a BLACK DIAMOUND ? Where can I find one ?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: TRU-GLOW broken off

Do you want to just change the color of the fiber optics or do you want to remove the entire sight?
Old 01-24-2007, 07:12 AM

Is there a color choice ?
Old 01-24-2007, 11:07 AM

Just look at Cabela's. I have found many sights at their stores for the Black diamond--I was looking for some for mine.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

I bought an in-line with broken off fiber optic sights and recently put new ones on. Tru-Glow had the front and rear in a package for $49 at Bass Pro and it came with screws for TC, Knight, Remington, and Traditions. I just used my screws that were on the gun and it all fit nicely. They are brighter than my other gun with scope. I use these as a back up on a close shot with see thru bases on the scopes. It's worth a shot anyway. I think Sportsmanguide sells them seperate if you just need the front sight.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:46 PM

Did just the fiber optic break?
When my fiber optic broke on my 12 ga, local archery shop had the right diameter optic material. I pulled out the broken fiber, cut a piece slightly larger than the blade, slid new piece in, and used a hot knife to slightly melt/expand the ends. Worked fine till it gotbumped again. I gave up and put a red dot on it. thinking of putting one (red dot) on my new Omega.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gotbuck

I bought an in-line with broken off fiber optic sights and recently put new ones on. Tru-Glow had the front and rear in a package for $49 at Bass Pro and it came with screws for TC, Knight, Remington, and Traditions. I just used my screws that were on the gun and it all fit nicely. They are brighter than my other gun with scope. I use these as a back up on a close shot with see thru bases on the scopes. It's worth a shot anyway. I think Sportsmanguide sells them seperate if you just need the front sight.
RMC Sports sells great Fibre Optic Sights for $29. I have their regular, but am buying this one since my rear sight is blurry.

Chap Gleason Va

Old 01-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks chap, It really did'nt cost me anything as I had some gift cards to burn from the holidays. The ones I got had a rear interchangable peep that you could swith out so you look through a circle peep with fibers and line up the front fiber. I have never seen fibers so bright before and I am thinking about buying another set for my other guns. I always scope my guns but two years ago I shot a doe at 5 yards and had to use my open sights, luckily I have my scopes mounted high so I can see under in case they come in close.