Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

tc

Old 01-17-2007, 06:53 AM

Default tc

[:'(]just a note on the TC custom shop. I purchested a Senneca several years ago . It fired a few shots until the hammer cracked. called TC an was told they no longer made this model, also told they have no parts an will not make any. long story short, pricey custom gun sitting broken in gun safe.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: tc

I would think any decent gunsmith should be able to machine you a new one right?
Old 01-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

One just has to love the unconditional lifetime warranty. Makes'em worth every penny. I'd take MO Archers advice, it will otherwise be a total loss.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:01 PM

The custom shop ones don't have a lifetime warranty? That's crazy.

Sorry to hear about that. Better luck in the future.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

spiddle,

Another idea has come to mind. Look for a seneca lock on Ebay. Just bolt her on and save yours for its spring.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

The custom shop ones don't have a lifetime warranty? That's crazy.
Of course they have a lifetime warranty. Question is, what is T/C going to do about it?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well if all else fails braze it with hard point. Lee
Old 01-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm curious.. I own a lot of Thompson Center rifles but never had a hammer crack. Where is this crack? If it is something like Lee said, where a good welder could braze it, then smooth it off for appearance sake, I wonder why that would not hold.

I might be wrong, but there was a fire at the Thompson Center Company many years back and they lost an entire line of equipmentand machines. I am wondering if that model rifle partof yours was not in that lost machinery. So they no longer had parts unless they re-tooled.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I might be wrong, but there was a fire at the Thompson Center Company many years back and they lost an entire line of equipmentand machines. I am wondering if that model rifle partof yours was not in that lost machinery. So they no longer had parts unless they re-tooled.
Fire or not. Run out of inventory or not. Need to tool or not. IMHO, I think T/C has made a promise it needs to keep. Otherwise, the best anyone can hope for is that T/C will provided warranty service to your T/C ML only until its stock of parts are out. Then, its just up to you. So if and when the Omega, Encore, or Triumphis discontinued. Don't expect them to continue making parts for them and don't expect them to service it when the parts run out.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Dominant Buck

While I agree that Thompson Center should provide the service, I am just stating there was an incident that might have a influence on all of this. I am sure parts run out or discontinued, andit happens with all the gun companies. For instance, I own a traditions rifle that I can not get parts for anymore. So I made due and fixed the rifle as best I could.

One other option is they could simply offer to replace the rifle, but then I am not too sure I would want to give up a Seneca as they were a really nice rifle when they came out. They were known for some excellent accuracy. And beautiful stocks. I'd simply get the hammer fixed somewhere else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.