Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Slip 2000

Old 01-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Slip 2000

The bottle of slip arrived today in the big brown truck. In the packing, besides the bill I found a very well down pamphlet that to me was well written describing the uses for this product. Of course everything they said about it made it into the best thing there was out there, well I am hoping to find out.

The Remington was out since i was doing some testing with it so I thought I would try some just for the heck of it. I first found a an empty sealable container, dropped in apinch of 2 1/2 round patches. I then pumped in some Slip. First thought, it really is a MIL-DOT specification, the consistency of the product reminded me of Break Free CLP as did the color of the product.

Slip "has no petroleum distillates, no oils, or harmful PTFE (Teflon). It displaces moisture and prevents rusting. It is designed to clean/Lubricate/Protect and out last any product on the market" we will see...

Slip did seem to be thick again like Breakfree and unlike Sheath. I took a saturated patch from the jar and decided to apply it to the outside of the Remington on the metal surfaces. It went on smoothly in what appeared to be a consistent coat and as I found out Slip is slick. I did not wipe the gun down at that time. The product has been on the metal surface for about 2 hours now. I wiped the gun down with a clean cotton rag and then for the heck of it put some hot water on the barrel, it beaded and ran off hard to tell I even put water on it. I thought the hot water might strip the Slip - does not appear that it did.

More episodes later, can not put ant in the bore a this time because the gun is load for the weather test...

Old 01-11-2007, 02:09 AM

Default RE: Slip 2000

I've used it in my center fire rifles,and hand guns. It does work as advertized!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Did you get the regular formula or the extreme weapons fomula?
Old 01-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Dominant Buck

I might need to learn more about this stuff...
Old 01-11-2007, 10:30 AM

Regular!
Old 01-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

rks1949

correct...
Old 01-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I might need to learn more about this stuff...
me too
Old 01-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK, gotta get some. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm always looking for a better mouse trap. just ordered some from their website, and will be trying it on everything from my .45lc to my Mossy 12 ga.
I likes new stuff to play wit.

P.s. Thanks for the update on this stuff, Sabotloader.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:30 PM

Hey Mike,
If it looks like Break Free CLP, feels like Break Free CLP, smells like Break Free CLP and tastes like Break Free CLP............why not just use Break Free CLP?

Ahhhh, never mind. When are you coming to the Tri Cities? We'll have to meet up at Sportsmans WHand see who spends more money.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

cascadedad

If it looks like Break Free CLP, feels like Break Free CLP, smells like Break Free CLP and tastes like Break Free CLP............why not just use Break Free CLP?
Easy answer - the equation was not complete - I did not taste it... The interest for me lies in the fact that is an all natural product - OIL and the fact that is reduces fouling - actually recommended in shotguns.. I am thinking it will replace the bore butter that I now using in both my ML's and my shotguns... It is a lot easier to apply and it not messy at all. Since the milatary is using it- I also believe it solves the rust problem - none and it does not react negativly to cold temps... doesn't collect dirt or dust - just seems like it has a lot of positives...

Listen if it is 10 degrees here and the wind is blowing 5 to 10 there is NO-WAY I am coming to Kennewick... Just got back form Spokane -> made a pilgramage to Black Sheep in CDL and Sportsmans in Spokane - I'm broke, although I am think real hard about ordering another Bushnell 3x9x40 with a ballistic reticle for the Remington. It was $339 at Sportsmans and Scopes'n More in Nampa has it for $237... I did also look a set of 10x36 Nikon binoculars - I want em my 10x42's are to big for hunting and my 10x26 Stieners are to small... They wanted $240 for the binoc's bouth I thought I would check on line first...

Let you know next trip over...