HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Slip 2000
Thread: Slip 2000
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 10:47 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default Slip 2000

The bottle of slip arrived today in the big brown truck. In the packing, besides the bill I found a very well down pamphlet that to me was well written describing the uses for this product. Of course everything they said about it made it into the best thing there was out there, well I am hoping to find out.

The Remington was out since i was doing some testing with it so I thought I would try some just for the heck of it. I first found a an empty sealable container, dropped in apinch of 2 1/2 round patches. I then pumped in some Slip. First thought, it really is a MIL-DOT specification, the consistency of the product reminded me of Break Free CLP as did the color of the product.

Slip "has no petroleum distillates, no oils, or harmful PTFE (Teflon). It displaces moisture and prevents rusting. It is designed to clean/Lubricate/Protect and out last any product on the market" we will see...

Slip did seem to be thick again like Breakfree and unlike Sheath. I took a saturated patch from the jar and decided to apply it to the outside of the Remington on the metal surfaces. It went on smoothly in what appeared to be a consistent coat and as I found out Slip is slick. I did not wipe the gun down at that time. The product has been on the metal surface for about 2 hours now. I wiped the gun down with a clean cotton rag and then for the heck of it put some hot water on the barrel, it beaded and ran off hard to tell I even put water on it. I thought the hot water might strip the Slip - does not appear that it did.

More episodes later, can not put ant in the bore a this time because the gun is load for the weather test...