Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 easy loading shock waves? >

easy loading shock waves?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

easy loading shock waves?

Old 12-22-2006, 06:33 AM

Default easy loading shock waves?

Has anybody tryed the new tc shock waves that have yellow plastic sleeves I thinkthey are called slick loads? my friend says they load alot easier than my regular shock waves. How much different do they shot?
Any info would be great thanks. I shoot 250 grain 50 cal now.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:48 AM

Default RE: easy loading shock waves?

I shot up 25 of the new Shockwaves last weekend. They shoot the same as the other Shockwaves but wow do they load easy. Takes slightly more force then pushing down a wet patch. This will be true for you as long as you do as T/C suggests and that is to clean between shots. Swab the barrel with a wet patch and then a dry patch. My groups were within 2 inches at 150 meters (164 yards). I shoot an Encore with a Nikon scope.

Old 12-22-2006, 07:42 AM

MoEncore
I shot an Omega and yes I do clean between every shot except when I am hunting but getting two shots in one day is rare for me.
Thanks for the info i will try them!
Old 12-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tried these bullets 2 years ago in my Knight Disc and TC Omega, they were difficult to load in even a clean gun. I nowshoot a harvesterCrush rib sabot, it has groves in the side and are easy to load withany bullet. They are only $6 for 50.In the field, I carry a couple of patches with bore butter on it, I run that down the barrel after every shot, twice thenturn over the the patch andrun it up and down once. I run two patches down after every shot, it removes most of the residure from the shot and makes loadingvery easy with thecrushed rib sabot.
Chap Gleason Va

Old 12-24-2006, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Bowkill44,
I have shot 30 rounds w/ the superglides. Exact same blullet as a Hornady 67272 SST ML except w/a yellow ballistic tip for TC. The new yellow polymer slides realeasy.It was shown first @ the 2005 Shot Show in Vegas. They are easy to push.... and zero difference on paper for me. 110 grains 777 loose powder, Omega.
The bonded bullets are difffent and never have tried them.
It takes me about 10 patches to clean between shots@ the range. In a hunting situation I used a 245 gr power belt as they fallexact on the center line 2.5 inches lower and a very fast second back up shot.No clean between those shots! Never needed it yet!
Hills