Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Nosler Partition Success >

Nosler Partition Success

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Nosler Partition Success

Old 12-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Nosler Partition Success

tkstae

Here are acouple of additional sights....

http://www.grafs.com/fc/product/64008

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=719430
Old 12-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Someone over at 24campfire.com was asking about the Partitions Mike!
I know you like to promote these bullets - so I helped this guy out by showing the pics over there. I'm not sure if you wanted to follow-up on that. I'll email you beforehand -if herequests your email address.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Triple Se7en

Not a problem T7 - I wish I had taken a picture of the vitals compartment... I know the bullet went through there but itdid not hit every piece of the heart and lungs - yet when i got the guts out and opened the chest cavity it was nothing but jelly - no big pieces of any thing. The hole out the right front shoulder while it was 1"+ - broke up the shoulder bone up realbad - but really did not ruin that much meat. If I lost 5#'s of meat I would be surprised. Unless you consider the heart - which I am not a heart eater so no loss there.

mike

sent you a PM
Old 12-12-2006, 05:00 PM

What bullet sabot combo are you shooting out of a 50 cal ML
Old 12-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tracker12

The deer was shot with my Omega @ 170+ yards with Bushnell 3x9x40 Elite 3200 - a Nosler Partition .451 - 260 grain in a MMP HPH-24 black sabot with 100 grains of T7-2f ignited by a25 acp breech plug and shell.

There you go you got it all...
Old 12-13-2006, 05:22 PM

Where are you getting those Nosler bullets.

I did see that you can buy them direct from tne Nosler site.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tracker12

They just took a big jump in price - so I shopped around and the best buy i could get was at Natchez (www.natchezss.com) Their December flyer list them @ 33.49 page 56 - good thru 2/28/07 other wise they are going to be anywhere from 40 to $50 bucks per fifty. They are getting awful expensive - I am now shooting paper and plinking with a Speer Gold Dot (.452 either 250 or 300 grain) a bonded bullet that offers some of the same chacteristics as the Nosler but a lot less money @ $15 or there abouts... It is just very difficult to switch because of the fabulous success I have had with the 260 Nolsers....

Old 12-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Are the 300 grain Nosler Partition any good compared to the 260 grain Sabotloader?
Old 12-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

Just my opinion Cayugad, but I believe the 300 is a little to solid to shoot a whitetail with. The 300 grain is a Protected Point according to Nosler you and I would look at it and call it a "soft point" with a partition behind it. The 300 is really built for penetration

This is the bullet I load and hunt elk with because I (think) I need more more penetration against the thicker skinned elk. It really does the job there. I have shot a couple of deer with this bullet (in frustration becuase I have not seen and elk or a really nice buck) and at the closer ranges (75 yards and under)it penetrates to well - goes right through - the deer is dead but it takes awhile for the deer to know that. While with the 260 the bullet still passes through (bones and all) but the hydrostatic shock of the HP litterally blows up the vitals.

That would be my assesment of the two... it is just the expsense that is driving me nuts....

mike

Old 12-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I was looking at the Nosler Partition HG 300 grain and found they are on sale. I thought maybe they would be a good projectile to try in some of my rifles is all. They might be a good projectile for hunting hogs, but then if I had to go after porky, I'd take the White and some 500 grain NEI's.

Quick Reply: Nosler Partition Success

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.