Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

SaberTooth?

Old 11-25-2006, 10:28 AM

Default SaberTooth?

I have been shooting the 245gr PowerBelts,I was out at the local gun shop and he had some SaberTooth bullets,does anyone shoot these and how do they perform?Iam going out tomorrow to try them out.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: SaberTooth?

I shoot the 250 & 300 grain Saber Tooth. Accuracy wise they shoot very well. The deer have refused to do any product testing so I can not comment on their knock down, but I see no reason why if placed properly, they would not be very lethal.

I shoot them out of three different rifles. My little Knight Wolverine LK-II with 85 grains of Goex 3f will really shoot these down range. Both weights shoot well. I just got a new order of them in but have not shot them off yet.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:48 AM

I will be shooting them out of my Optima pro,I just don't like the way the PowerBelts blew apart,but they shot very well out of my gun great grouping.Try the SaberTooth's tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:22 PM

They suck ass thats what they do. I used them 2 years ago and the first day of hunting i missed a deer thanks to that POS cup that doesnt hold the bullet. I was carrying my rifle, muzzle down and while walking on a rough trail, that piece of crap fell out of its cup holder and onto the trail. Luckily i had a powerbelt but i had to wait 4 more days to put it to use. That cup is supposed to squeeze the bullet and hold it in the cup and when u push it down the bore, its supposed to squeeze it and hold not go anywhere. HA! thats total BS! I figured for the price it would be a great deal, but as ususal, i got stuck in the rear by its poorly made base ring. If you hunt from a stand or blind it may work out, but if you do a lot of walking, dont use the sabor tooth.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have had the same kind of luck with PB's I had better luck with the saber Tooth but I don't trust either one of them what goes down to easy can come out to easy. I went to Shock Waves And XTP with HPH24 sabots they load just snug enough to make me feel like they will stay put and they shoot quite well for me. They also usually give me an exit hole and a blood trail which I did not get from PB or ST. Lee