Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 new lyman break open???? >

new lyman break open????

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

new lyman break open????

Old 10-23-2006, 06:58 AM
Spike

Default new lyman break open????

guys any word on lymans new gun, they are calling it the mustang and it is a real nice looking gun, my bro inlaw wants to get a gift for his dad and this could fit the bill. if any of you know please answer these questions
[ul][*]how does it load, does it have the sabot starter area at the barrel end.[*]how does it shoot.[*]are there any breech plug or cleaning issues.[/ul]as for looks it speaks for itself and lyman is a great product but any insite on this gun would be appreciated. thanks dan

Old 10-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: new lyman break open????

http://www.lymanproducts.com/MustangBreakawayPag01.htm

It does look like an interesting rifle. As for your questions, since the rifle is relatively new on the market, I personally would not purchase it for a year or even two until I see more reviews on the rifle, and it gives Lyman a chance to make any modifications and work any bugs out. Just my opinion of course.