Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 And another state has done it right.....Minnesota >

And another state has done it right.....Minnesota

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

And another state has done it right.....Minnesota

Old 10-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: And another state has done it right.....Minnesota

I agree...
Old 10-15-2006, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

Again, if I were Wolfhound, having my own ML messageboard that I own
I don't own one anymore. It passed to big6x6.

You totally missed the point. You are spreading rumors. Like I said I emailed Minnesota's DNR, I'll get their sidewhich is more than you did.And when I get their response I will post it in this thread. The least you could have done was emailed the state DNRand got the facts.

Oh and by the way, Minesota allows centerfire rifles for deer hunting.
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/regulations/hunting/legalcartridges.html

Seems odd to limit muzzleloading powders due tothe factors you mentioned.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't matter - he is just trying to dodge the fact you called him on posting unsubstantiated rumor as fact - and now he won't/can't defend it.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Which
ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Doesn't matter - he is just trying to dodge the fact you called him on posting unsubstantiated rumor as fact - and now he won't/can't defend it.
Which I find is typical if his posts... there was one I actually agreed with a couple days back... I was shocked!

I was also shocked that the ML Internet Guru didn't know that Patrick no longer owned or administrated a ML site anymore.

I find all of this rather funny... big discussion last year over original intent of ML seasons showed in a lot of instances that the law read ML not primitive. Again the laws of unintended consequences... it was found that a lot of seasons were not set up by "buckskinners" but by ML enthusisasts. Not by the leather loin cloth crowd... which is dying out. Those states that were have specific language like primitive. Read recently that the NMLRA is losing membership... steadily decreasing yearly.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

Fact is no one can say for a certainty why an ML season in a particular state was set up unless you actual talk with or were one of the ones who set it up. To say you "know" why it was granted is an assumption bordering on a lie...
Old 10-15-2006, 09:39 PM

Regardless of what the initial "intent" was with a particular states muzzleloader season, inlines introduce many, many folks to muzzleloading. Including me. It was not until I learned the very basics did I get a sidelock. I do not feel that the Savage smokeless muzzie is any threat to me or blackpowder shooting in general. Just lurk around any of the smokeless boards on the net and you will see that gun has it's own challenges and problems to contend with. The only problem I see with allowing smokeless (nitrocellulose) powder in muzzleloading is the occasional yahoo who thinks it's o.k. to take 300yd sniper shots because he has the all-powerful savage. From what I can tell from the board, they're in the minority. I think most people get the savage simply because they don't need (want) to clean their gun after each shooting session.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:26 PM

Jeez, I'm famous. I end up being named in almost every post of Trip's.

It's just amazing how many people he calls stupid. Pretty much what 12 year olds do. Any time someone disagrees, they say, "Your stupid!"

Hey Cayugad, maybe you will get added to the list now with myself, Mr. Gander and Roundball. It would be an honor to have you join us.

Just a tip for everyone. Trip edits almost every single post for one reason or another, so don't respond to one of his posts until it has been edited. Amazing for a man with his intelligence and insight that he can't proof read his posts prior to hitting the OK button.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:33 PM

Well, maybe not almost every posts, but quite a few.

I do find most of what he writes most humorous and entertaining.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:43 PM

Ithought the point of todays "blackpowder" was to replace the unsteady, highly explosive "Real" blackpowder? Plus its easier for stores to carry. Ever see what it takes tosell real blackpowder? Ive only found one place in colorado that sells it. As for the smokeless Muzzleloader. I dont think it has a place in muzzleloading. Thats like taking your TC out with a new single shot barrel during muzzleloading season, It offers the power of a modern rifle but with the more powerful powder to get that bullet out there. And i agree with one post i read... A hunter with a flintlock or sidelock wants to get as close as he or she can to shoot, while a guy with an inline wants to back away as far as he feels comfortable and take the shot. I agree 100% with that. ive carried both of those rifles in the field and thats exactly what i did. Flintlock kicks all inlines butts though. In my opinion. Nothing like seeing that big flash of powder go off in the morning light .. Best experience ive ever had...
Old 10-16-2006, 01:01 AM
Typical Buck

When all this is said and done we should consider that we really do not need to be fighting each other on these rather puny issues when there are large well funded groups out there that are trying to take all our guns whether traditional or not. I think if you want to shoot "traditional" (however you describe it) great. If you want to shoot "modern" great. I have both and I mainly hunt with a scoped Omega as my state allows it and the elk appreciate quick kills even though I usually limit to 120 yards which a good .58 round ball will accomplish in the hands of a very good shooter. My eyes will not focus iron sights and I am glad Arizona allows scopes. I leave mine on 1.5 most of the time. It only goes to 5. Lets all get some more time behind the sights andless picking on each other.

Quick Reply: And another state has done it right.....Minnesota

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.