Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 the TRUTH about TC's warranty! MUST READ >

the TRUTH about TC's warranty! MUST READ

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

the TRUTH about TC's warranty! MUST READ

Old 09-26-2006, 05:09 PM

Default RE: the TRUTH about TC's warranty! MUST READ

ORIGINAL: bigcountry
"...Its so strange here. Hardcore T/C owners freak out when a report of bad service arises..."
Seems like a very strange comment...you postnegatives about TC service, I post positivesand you call that "freaking out" ???????

To be honest,it simply sounds like you want to be able to say what you want and expect everyone else to acceptit without question, and not have anyone else clutter up yournegative slant with positive ones.

Sorry...but it's a two way street on the public Internet...

Old 09-26-2006, 06:57 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: roundball

ORIGINAL: bigcountry
"...Its so strange here. Hardcore T/C owners freak out when a report of bad service arises..."
Seems like a very strange comment...you postnegatives about TC service, I post positivesand you call that "freaking out" ???????

To be honest,it simply sounds like you want to be able to say what you want and expect everyone else to acceptit without question, and not have anyone else clutter up yournegative slant with positive ones.

Sorry...but it's a two way street on the public Internet...
nope, nothing diabolic or sinister like that.[8D] Just an honest observation. I think its just people getting thier feelings hurt.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:04 PM

Well, count me in as to thinking highly of TC's customer service...and their warranty. Yeah, sometimes companies mess up (& TC is no different), but at the end of the day, TC has ALWAYS come through for me.

As others here have mentioned, TC has even replaced things that I did NOT request just to make things right. If that isn't standing behind your product, then I don't know what is.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

This is funny. I have had great luck with these guys. I just went to Foxridge Outfitters a couple weeks ago and brought in a Renegade I bought at a gun show last year for $150 and asked them to fix the spark becausese ignition was weak. I told them upfront that I bought it at a gun show and even what I paid for it and they still fixed it for free. They put a brand new lock on it frizzen, hammer and all.

I went to Foxridge back in march after I had put the sights from my Encore on my Omega and was looking at the racks of sights trying to find a new front sight that was taller to bring down the POI and asked for help. The guy said wait here a minute went out back and came back with a taller sight that fit just right. I was pretty happy and I asked him how much I owed them and he said "No charge we must have made a mistake on the sights of the Encore".

I can go on for another paragragh or two on how they have helped me out this year alone but I don't want to sound like an advertisement.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only time I sent my rifle back, they did not even ask any questions about if I was the original owner. Doesn't sound like it is really an issue.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:42 AM

I don't care how their (TC)warranty reads, you don't have to fill out a registration card, they don't care if you bought it new, you just have to pick up the phone and call them. One time they Fed-X'd(at their cost)the gun back to me so I would not miss out hunting-(cracked stock on a sidelock) The other time I readily admitted to breaking a ferral screw off my self while trying to modify the ferral-(I moved the sling mount from the stock to the ferral)-they sent me a new ferral and a bag of screws and even offered to get the broken screw out of the bbl. if I felt like sending it back. This was on a Firehawk inline and while we were talking I mentioned getting alot of blowback after I installed one of their musket cap nipples, along with the screws and ferral, they also sent me all the parts in the action and more nippleswith a note saying some of then were changed from when my gun was made and to give them a try.

I don't think warranties get any better than that...

Doug
Old 09-27-2006, 11:07 AM

First off, I have never owned a T/C product. Although I have read several bad reports, there have been many, many more raving reports of how good T/C's service is. Based on what I have seen, I think either one of two things happened to those who have had bad experiences. 1) They caught one or two of the service guys on a bad day. It happens with every company and even one with the best service, will have bad days. 2) When the person made contact with the T/C service person, they came across the wrong way. They got all huffy and started demanding things. This never works and almost always backfires.

It does irk me when someone states their bad experience and then someone else comes along and says, "Well, you must have been rude and you asked for your it." Maybe, maybe not, but I don't thinks someone should jump to that conclusion just because they have had good service.

I hope in my postings here no one has taken what I have written as negative against T/C. As I said, I have no personal experience with them.

What I am trying to say is that based on T/C's written warranty they are not OBLIGATED to do the things they do. Again, it is awesome that they have done it in the past, but they don't have to in the future. I am sure we can all think of a business that used to be excellent and one day new people take it over and it goes to crap. Think about restaurants. I can think of many that I used to love and now I won't step foot in it.

The same thing COULD happen to T/C. Personally, I think what they are doing is fantastic and makes good business sense. But, if some big shot investor comes in and buys T/C today, looks over the financials tonight he will immediately see how much money HE is now spending on service. He says, "Starting tomorrow, we only cover what we are obligated to cover. If the person hasn't regestered their gun or they aren't the original owner, charge them for the service. If the idiot broke their stock, why should I have to give them a new one?"

This is not far fetched, it happens all the time. Just because Triple 7 and Randy Wakeman says it is a "transferable, lifetime warranty" doesn't mean squat. I don't care if a guy is the "Inline ML Guru of the world", he should be smart enough to chose his words more carefully. From what I have seen, everything he writes is written to pad his bank account. When someone is doing that, the reviews are slanted and don't mean a thing.

Old 09-27-2006, 02:13 PM
bigcountry

cas, randy had to pick a side. Seems toby got some nice contributions from knight lately.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

i sent a barrel in to have it reblued..they charged me 60 dollars..when i got the barrel home, the rail that holds your ramrod on was missing..i called them back,repairman got all nasty on phone..he said,I DONT BELIEVE I CAN FIND IT.boy, i was pissed..lose my parts.. well, 1 week later rail showed up at house and note that they are not billing me for blueing barrel..now you have heard good/bad,but ended up good for me.. i like their service but i cant stand when someone loses something and makes comment like that..i guess we all have a bad day..
Old 09-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya know I have gotten rid of every black powder gun I owned except my TC's. Guess what some I have bought used and returned them for warrenty work and I had not problems I even told them I was not the orignal owner.

Look all you non TC owners just buy one and you will know what the rest of us are talking about. A great american company helping to keep americans working and making the best product there is.

Quick Reply: the TRUTH about TC's warranty! MUST READ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.