Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Knight Vision 50 cal Muzzleloader >

Knight Vision 50 cal Muzzleloader

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Vision 50 cal Muzzleloader

Old 09-18-2006, 05:09 PM

Default RE: Knight Vision 50 cal Muzzleloader

Not to clutter up this thread with facts but it was muzzleloader consultant, and you seemed upset because you didn't have a special title. The practice was to identify posters who who had a financial interest in the muzzleloading industry. You didn't qualify. Also, as to RW he was finally banned for his abusive attitude toward members and staff. Also Big6x6 has the board now and I no longer visit it regularly. Maybe later on I will.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Old 09-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Spike

Sorry I didnt get to reply last night, I was under the WX. I didn't mean to have this get into a PEEING match!!! I was just wondering if anyone had personally known any info on the ML. And for anyone wondering why I ask about different break open ML's it's because I'm LEFT HANDED and all that nice RIGHT HANDED bolt bull doesn't do me any good!!! O.K. Let me ask this, What is the BEST BREAK-OPEN Muzzle Loader Or LEFT HANDED ML For a GOOD $ PRICE $$$.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

My opinion for what it is worth. Hard to beat the NEF Huntsman or H&R Sidekick for a break action. You might be interested in a White bolt as the sliding bolt types made by White have the control arm on the left side. Not sure why they just do. I unfortunately did not grab one of the ones on sale at Sportsmans Warehouse and am still kicking myself for that mistake. One little thing the NEF and H&R use a plastic primer carrier similar to the Knight thingy. Not my favorite thing. I converted my Huntsman to the .25ACP breechplug which I also have on my Omega and love it on both rifles.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

T7 and all others, Why don't you just post you personal experiences here? I am sick of the partisn crap.

T7 I did not mean to single you out but you had the easiest name, lol.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:40 PM

Toby Bridges is sponsored by Knight, at least his website magazine is, see this link: http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/Home.html , which id's itself as The Official Website of the North American Muzzleloader Hunting Association. More so, Knight Rifles is identified as the primary sponsor ofr Toby Bridges website. Just a clarification.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

Perhaps the moderator could delete all the territory markings and leave the original question related posts?

While I don't have the vision, I have a Disc Extreme and I got it instead of the vision for the very reason stated in the review, I like the way the bolt action seats and removes the primer. I 'personaly' would look at what knight now calls simply the 'Knight Extreme' in a left hand model. The bolt removes without tools and the breach is very easy to access and clean. I think it's hard to beat Knights jacketed primer system.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: TDR76

Toby Bridges is sponsored by Knight, at least his website magazine is, see this link: http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/Home.html , which id's itself as The Official Website of the North American Muzzleloader Hunting Association. More so, Knight Rifles is identified as the primary sponsor ofr Toby Bridges website. Just a clarification.
I know. But to my knowledge he's never reviewed the Vision. If he had I wouldn't believe it. I follow a simple philosophy when reading reviews, "follow the money". If someone is paid by a company they cannot be imparital when writing about it or any of it's competitors. If someone writes a review about anything but sells a competitor's product, they can't be impartial. This eliminates nearly all the gun reviews in existance except those who review a gun and are not paid to do it nor make any money from the firearms industry. One reason I ignore any reviews inmagazines.

Basically the only reviews I believe are those written by end users on boards like this, and even then you have to be careful. Some folks go around to message boards and simply repeat what they read. Those people never post groups or pictures of them with an animal. If it reads as first hand knowledge then it's usually reliable, if not then it's worthless.

Someone posted a link to a review by big6x6 on the first page. I happen to know him and believe that he tells it like it is. If someone were looking for an unbiased review I'd put my money on that one. But then of courseI could be biased myself as he's one ofguys around my pig here. And yes that's a Knight on my shoulder and a Knight hat given to me by big6x6. If I were in the market for a new muzzleloader, the vision is one I would get. I've got plenty though, a few Knights and a few Thompsons. I don't need any more right now.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:10 PM

I'm holding my brother's right now. It's a fine piece. Getting used to the disc system and the extractor is no different than getting used to changing the primer on my bolt action after I added a scope to it. The thing shoots great out of the box, 100gr.t7 pellets w/ knight red hot's 300grain sabotted barnes hollowpoints. The only thing I agree with the review on is the little slotted screw under the forearm. Itshoulders very nicely and the black synthetic stock is ambidextrous.Next is some real big conicals. I think this gun will throw the big bullets around like peanuts because the barrel wall is quite thick & heavy. Oh yeah there's one more thing I agree on, the ram rod is quite a shoddy little thing but functional.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Agree wholeheartedly with grapeshot on the ramrod. With a quality rifle, Knight should just include the T-handle power rod as part of the package.

Quick Reply: Knight Vision 50 cal Muzzleloader

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.