HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight Vision 50 cal Muzzleloader
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Wolfhound76

Default RE: Knight Vision 50 cal Muzzleloader

ORIGINAL: TDR76

Toby Bridges is sponsored by Knight, at least his website magazine is, see this link: http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/Home.html , which id's itself as The Official Website of the North American Muzzleloader Hunting Association. More so, Knight Rifles is identified as the primary sponsor ofr Toby Bridges website. Just a clarification.
I know. But to my knowledge he's never reviewed the Vision. If he had I wouldn't believe it. I follow a simple philosophy when reading reviews, "follow the money". If someone is paid by a company they cannot be imparital when writing about it or any of it's competitors. If someone writes a review about anything but sells a competitor's product, they can't be impartial. This eliminates nearly all the gun reviews in existance except those who review a gun and are not paid to do it nor make any money from the firearms industry. One reason I ignore any reviews inmagazines.

Basically the only reviews I believe are those written by end users on boards like this, and even then you have to be careful. Some folks go around to message boards and simply repeat what they read. Those people never post groups or pictures of them with an animal. If it reads as first hand knowledge then it's usually reliable, if not then it's worthless.

Someone posted a link to a review by big6x6 on the first page. I happen to know him and believe that he tells it like it is. If someone were looking for an unbiased review I'd put my money on that one. But then of courseI could be biased myself as he's one ofguys around my pig here. And yes that's a Knight on my shoulder and a Knight hat given to me by big6x6. If I were in the market for a new muzzleloader, the vision is one I would get. I've got plenty though, a few Knights and a few Thompsons. I don't need any more right now.