Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Mystery to remain a mystery a little while longer. >

Mystery to remain a mystery a little while longer.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Mystery to remain a mystery a little while longer.

Old 07-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mystery to remain a mystery a little while longer.

I can never let my Cabela's bucks build up enough to get anything major....but even buying the little things is fun.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Dominant Buck

I never heard of a Cabela's card. Does it give you discounts? I really do not buy too much from Cabela's anymore. Other then a rifle or two, and some shooting accessories, I can usually find stuff much cheaper then they sell it for. Although they were kind enough to send me a hard catalog a couple years back. That was after a rifle buying spree...

I will look into the cabela's card, and as for the chronograph.. I've been meaning to get one for a long time. I just never have done it yet.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Dominant Buck

I have often wondered how blending different granulations of black powderwould work. I am looking forward tothe reports of your testing.
My understanding is like with all kinds ofpowders, never mix them. Yet some people use duplex loadswith their flintlocks.

I just really like to shoot. It is the one thing that I can honestly say I enjoy. Even more so then hunting I sometimes think. When I hunt I can honestly say that if I do not get anything, it is not the end of the world for me.

Old 07-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I never heard of a Cabela's card. Does it give you discounts? I really do not buy too much from Cabela's anymore. Other then a rifle or two, and some shooting accessories, I can usually find stuff much cheaper then they sell it for. Although they were kind enough to send me a hard catalog a couple years back. That was after a rifle buying spree...

I will look into the cabela's card, and as for the chronograph.. I've been meaning to get one for a long time. I just never have done it yet.
U.C. ,

Well I did build a house. Got a lot of points buying things for it. So they were there for the Sidekick and the chrony.

Cayugad,

A Cabela's card is a Visa credit card. When you buy something with it, you get $1 for every $100 dollars to spend at Cabela's. If a retailer accepts Visa, I use it. For groceries, gas, even my insurance bill. Not only do I get to delay paying forthe purchasefor up to 30 days, I use just one check, and get $1.00 for every $100.00 spent this way. Generally I get $15 for spending at cabelas each month. If you spend $1500 a month on every day items, you could too. Its free money. I like free money.

Happy Hunting, Phil

Old 07-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Pglasgow

U.C. ,

Well I did build a house. Got a lot of points buying things for it. So they were there for the Sidekick and the chrony.

Cayugad,

A Cabela's card is a Visa credit card. When you buy something with it, you get $1 for every $100 dollars to spend at Cabela's. If a retailer accepts Visa, I use it. For groceries, gas, even my insurance bill. Not only do I get to delay paying forthe purchasefor up to 30 days, I use just one check, and get $1.00 for every $100.00 spent this way. Generally I get $15 for spending at cabelas each month. If you spend $1500 a month on every day items, you could too. Its free money. I like free money.

Happy Hunting, Phil

phil, i get 5% on my gm card. i have 2,000 dollars so far on a new chevy car/truck. i had friend that got 5,000 off a chevy truck with his card. i dont use my cabelas card anymore,1 dollar is not enough.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

My understanding is like with all kinds ofpowders, never mix them. Yet some people use duplex loadswith their flintlocks.
I misunderstood you. You make the case a mixture of powders. Sorry about that. I thought you were making 2 1/2 F powder with the 2F and 3F. Silly me.

I think they recommend a 5 grain black powderin order to ensureignition of the substitutes like Pyrodex or T7.

I just really like to shoot. It is the one thing that I can honestly say I enjoy. Even more so then hunting I sometimes think. When I hunt I can honestly say that if I do not get anything, it is not the end of the world for me.
Amen.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

phil, i get 5% on my gm card. i have 2,000 dollars so far on a new chevy car/truck. i had friend that got 5,000 off a chevy truck with his card. i dont use my cabelas card anymore,1 dollar is not enough.
I'm gonna have to consider the GM card if I ever think I'll buy a new car. So far, I've only bought used cars. For now, I'll have to be satisfied with 1% at cabelas.

Happy Hunting, Phil
Old 07-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have both cards. Sort of play a game with them but start using the GM more if it's getting close to vehicle time.

I said I have a 7 year old Sonoma to trade. They said 2000, Isaid no way - sooner give it away. They said but we're doing employee cost on the new one, I said 3000 trade or I'm out the door. They said OKAYYYYYYY, 3000 it is. I said isn't there also a cash rebate, they said yeah, another 3000. I said oh by the way here's my GM card, I've got some money on that too. They rolled their eyes and said okay. Then I whooped out my 1500 bonus dollar letter on my GM card account. By then they were in a state ofdisbelief.

So, old truck and 9200 and I'm out the door with a new pickup. Still felt like I'd been shafted.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Underclocked
So, old truck and 9200 and I'm out the door with a new pickup. Still felt like I'd been shafted.
Everything is going to work out. I don't think its possible to leave the car dealership without wondering what you may have left on the table. Good luck with the new pick-up.

Happy Hunting, Phil
Old 07-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Chevy Colorado 4X4 crew-cab. Real nice truck except for interior design and a radio from the late 1980s......

I also have the Cabelas card. I thought all purchases outside of the Cabelas store did not qualify for 1% rebates. I think it's only 0.50% for other purchases.

Quick Reply: Mystery to remain a mystery a little while longer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.