Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 TC Warranty Dept…who to ask for ??? >

TC Warranty Dept…who to ask for ???

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Warranty Dept…who to ask for ???

Old 07-06-2006, 07:21 AM

Default TC Warranty Dept…who to ask for ???

I recall reading on this forum a recommendation on who to speak to at TC for warranty repair work. Can anyone remember the fellow’s name?

Here’s my problem (please allow me to vent here). Yesterday I finally received from TC a ML I had sent back for warranty work. Unfortunately, much to my disappointment, they merely test fired the ML, cleaned, repackaged, and returned to me. [:@] They never fixed the problem!! I couldn’t believe it.

To make matters worse, the ML was so loosely packaged in the box that during return shipment it bounced around causing the cocking handle to put a ½ inch hole in the side of the box.[:'(] Fortunately, no real damage was caused. Sheez, just a couple of wadded up old pieces of newpaper. a little TLC, and this would have never happened.

I clearly described in a letter sent with the ML (and during a follow-up phone call) what the problem was and even included a detailed illustration.

I realized everyone has a bad day on the job and I’m attempting to get a 10 year old $75 gun repaired, but the last thing I want to do is send the ML back to TC and take my chances on a “newbe” gunsmith working on it.

Again, can anyone recommend a competent gunsmith in TC’s warranty dept? Thanks in advance guys…
Old 07-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TC Warranty Dept…who to ask for ???

WoW sorry to hear about the bad experiance. I am personally shocked I have delt with them too many times to count.

The people who handel all their repair returns is as follows.

Fox Ridge Outfitters Located at:
400 No. Main St,
Rochester , N.H. 03867

Mailing address:
PO Box 1700 Rochester N.H. 03866

I always deal with Thomas Shannon nice guy you can call him in advance and tell him your problems before you ship the gun. at Tele. 1-800-243-4570 and the FAX is 1-800-343-4570

Agin sorry about your experiance make sure you let them know how you feel about what happened. I am sure they will make it right for you.
Mike

Old 07-06-2006, 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Hunter John

I recall reading on this forum a recommendation on who to speak to at TC for warranty repair work. Can anyone remember the fellow’s name?

Here’s my problem (please allow me to vent here). Yesterday I finally received from TC a ML I had sent back for warranty work. Unfortunately, much to my disappointment, they merely test fired the ML, cleaned, repackaged, and returned to me. [:@] They never fixed the problem!! I couldn’t believe it.

To make matters worse, the ML was so loosely packaged in the box that during return shipment it bounced around causing the cocking handle to put a ½ inch hole in the side of the box.[:'(] Fortunately, no real damage was caused. Sheez, just a couple of wadded up old pieces of newpaper. a little TLC, and this would have never happened.

I clearly described in a letter sent with the ML (and during a follow-up phone call) what the problem was and even included a detailed illustration.

I realized everyone has a bad day on the job and I’m attempting to get a 10 year old $75 gun repaired, but the last thing I want to do is send the ML back to TC and take my chances on a “newbe” gunsmith working on it.

Again, can anyone recommend a competent gunsmith in TC’s warranty dept? Thanks in advance guys…
From personal experience, my advice is tonoteven bother with rank & file repair folks at TC anymore...deal directly with the Service Manager, Brandon Gullison.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunter John

If they deny a repair or replacement, then you somehow went outside your warranty coverage. It's hard for us to say you are right& T/C iswrong without details. Nowhere in your post do you "backup" your statement.

We need details - details -details. Prove to me that T/C acted improperly& you were denied a vaild claim????? I need to hear your story - in the same words that you sent T/C in your problems-explanation envelope/letter.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:04 AM

777 - I guess I never considered the fact that my claim was denied since the repair work was deemed outside of the original warranty. Thanks for sharing this perspective...you may be correct. If so, TC should have phoned me or indicated such within the return receipt and not merely returned the ML "as is."

I will be calling Brandon Gullison this afternoon to verify what work was performed, what wasn't, and why.

By the way, I was requesting that a new hole be drilled and tapped for the front iron site since the original hole was either drilled off center or not straight. The rifle consistently shoots nice groups to the right (about 3 inches at 50 yards) of the bulls eye despite trying number loads and moving the rear site to the maximum left position.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

John

They may tell you in their reply that the requested hole is too close to the now-drilled hole (or) .. don't laugh please... they may tell you to see a optometrist because their tools to troubleshoot this inidicate the purchaser's (you) meaurements were incorrect. []

When/if it fails for you again, there are other front sights that will correct your problem. Changing sights will not void your warranty with other unrelated parts on your rifle.... ie... lock, trigger... etc.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Denial of a claim (if that is what happened) is NO excuse for shoody packaging and poor communication ( obviously ignoring the letter and illustration).

Your situation is the mirror of mine - only with a new th laminated ss Omega. Cleaned (scrubbed by me before sending), test fired (with results I have not come close to duplicating), detailed inclosed letter obviously ignored and not responded to, and poor packaging resulting in stock damage.

You are not alone in wondering about the claims of TC service. I have put off addressing this with them because of time restraints and wanting to be sure I would remain civil. Thanks for posting - day off tomorrow and mine will be a priority.

Steve
Old 07-06-2006, 04:41 PM

WOW.....I have delt with TC many times & NEVER have I ben dealt a bad hand.....Hope you get your problem fixed. Keep us posted.[:-]
Old 07-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

i sent a barrel in to get blued, they did nice job on it ,only they did not ship parts back. 2 weeks later, they found parts and sent them back.it was packaged good. i had beretta shotgun i sent in because of defect. i wrapped it in plastic wrap. guess what beratta did, they took a razor blade and scratched my barrel and then sent it back to me. i had to pay 40 dollars shipping.so, all companies suck now. you should see service you get from browning, now there is a company that sucks.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:44 AM

Steve et al, I wanted to give you an update on how I made out with TC…although it’s not over yet. First, the fellow I spoke to was Brian Thing (603-332-2333, ext 530). From what I understand, he is the Senior Service Mgr who oversees the Repairs Dept, amongst other areas. Brandon Gullison, who was recommended by another poster here, is actually in charge of sales, which explains why he didn’t return the message I left for him.

Anyway, I explained to Brian what happened and how my ML was merely returned without the work being performed and without any explanation. Also, mentioned how the gun was almost damaged during the return shipping due to poor packaging.[:@]

Long story short, he kindly requested that I return the ML to the TC Repair Dept, but this time send it directly to his attention and include the postage expense receipt so that I can be reimbursed. He also empathized with me that it shouldn’t have been return shipped in the manner it was.

Lastly, Brian inquired as to which gunsmith’s initials ("RR" in my case) were on Work Form that I received…I have a feeling someone’s gonna git a wippin’ this afternoon at TC. []

Steve, how’d you make out yer Omega? Sorry to hear about your stock damage. They should definitely step up and either fix or replace...that's why guys like you and me pay a premier for their firearms.

Quick Reply: TC Warranty Dept…who to ask for ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.