Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Sales/Good Deals

Old 05-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sales/Good Deals

What kinds of sales and good deals have you guys found out there. At Dick's sporting goods they had Remington #11 Percussion caps for 97 cents regular price was 3.47. I got 5 cans and spent 5.34. I would have normally spent 25 bucks! I might get more next weekend. They are the new hotter ones. I know some of you had bad luck with the old ones but I could not resist with that price. I am going to give them a try. If they work good I might take them hunting. They say there is 40% more flame. So what kinds of deals have you found out there?
Old 05-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Sales/Good Deals

That is a good deal. The new hotter Remington's might be a lot better then they used to be. For that price I would try them for sure. I would have got about 20 tins of them and then figured out if I like them or not. Right now there is not a lot of stuff being sold that interest me too much... That's a good find. Be sure and let us know how well they work and whether or not you have misfires...
Old 05-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where are you Sharp Shooter? Buy 'em all! Sure wish someone had a deal on caps like that in these parts.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Unfortunately they may have been the old style but you can use them for target shooting and if they work fine hunting. Rem caps had some problems a few years ago but from what I have heard they fixed that. Being that cheap I would shoot a bunch to make sure they go off every time the hammer falls.

If they do you got a great deal. That is a great price for caps.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

It said on the pack that they are the new ones. I am going to get like 20 or 30 tins when I go back. I might just get all of them.

Old 05-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Well that sure is a good price Sharp Shooter. I am paying $3.99 for a tin of CCI Magnum and I heard they are going up again. The store where I used to get the RWS said he can not get them anymore. That's why when I find a good deal on #11 caps I like to get one or two thousand of them... They are a favorite ignition source for me...
Old 05-15-2006, 07:39 PM

Hey Sharp Shooter, Thanks for the tip, I now have enough #11s to last me for quite some time. They are a bit tighter than CCI#11s but will fit my rifles well. I tried them on some revolvers, they are not as tight or as long as the Rem#10s but they may just be tight enough to use for target/bench work. I'm gonna try them this weekend.

Doug
Old 05-16-2006, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doug S

Hey Sharp Shooter, Thanks for the tip, I now have enough #11s to last me for quite some time. They are a bit tighter than CCI#11s but will fit my rifles well. I tried them on some revolvers, they are not as tight or as long as the Rem#10s but they may just be tight enough to use for target/bench work. I'm gonna try them this weekend.

Doug
Did you get those at Dicks? Where did you get them?
Old 05-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot a couple of tins of the new Remington # 11 caps. They work fine. No problems at all. I am going to check the Dick's in my area, to see if I can get some at that price!
Old 05-17-2006, 03:42 AM

Did you get those at Dicks? Where did you get them?
Yes, I got them at Dick's, I had to "help" the guy find them since he had no idea that there were any other kind of caps than 209's...LOL

Doug