Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Millet Silver Buck on a Knight Disc >

Millet Silver Buck on a Knight Disc

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Millet Silver Buck on a Knight Disc

Old 05-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Millet Silver Buck on a Knight Disc

This is what I was up to today. I had to run to the big city for a number of things, so I grabbed up my Knight Disc, a Millet 3-9x40 Silver Buck Scope, weaver bases #415, and some Warne QD rings, and visited my friend the gun smith.

That Millet scope is very clear and has good eye releif (3.8 inches I believe) and really makes that rifle. Plus with the quick release rings it makes it easier to clean and I can still shoot the iron sights. This Knight really shoots Shockwaves well. Now with the range finally done, I want to see how accurate I can get that rifle. I still have some Pyrodex Pellets to shoot and might see if it likes them as well..
Old 05-15-2006, 08:15 PM
Spike

Default RE: Millet Silver Buck on a Knight Disc

Cayugad,
Have you tried shooting any of those bullshop .504's through your knight yet?
I've got two elites and a sidekick, wondering how they might do?
Old 05-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I have not shot any of the Bullshop bullets out of anything but the White. I have shot some 460 No Excuse Conicals out of the Knights. The little Wolverine actually does pretty good with them. I figure I will leave the White to the big lead and the Knights to the sabots..
Old 05-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

Really nice looking outfit...

I only can imagine hoe nice it would be to walk out to me own yard and be able to shoot any time I could or wanted to...

I think I finally made my final scope change re-installation on the White.Those Burris Zee Rings - High were just to tall the mediums were to low - couldnot get scope covers - so I got some Millet Angle Locks (medium) tonight and installed these on the the extended bases that I got in the mail today from Doc.I left the short Throphy on because of the mil-dot reticle. I really like the mil-dot for close shooting and long shooting. Hope to get out this weekend and test it all over again.

Cayugad if you ever get in the market for another scope take a look at those Swift Premier scopes for the buck - they are really decent scopes... far better than I thought - Big 6X6 is the one that started me down the road on them. We have Swift Microscopes in the Biology lab at school so I new they new something about lenses...

Good luck shooting that Knight setup...

Old 05-16-2006, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice lookin' outfit Dave.

SL, pic of your final answer?
Old 05-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Well it is a beautiful day here today.. perfect for shooting a new scoped rifle. I might even try some pellets in this rifle and see how it likes them, although with 120 grains of loose powder and a shockwave the rifle shot some very impressive groups.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very interesting,give us some updates on the Millet scope from time to time. I am looking at long eye relief scopes. I have trouble keeping the scope far enough away I have to add on to the stock of every thing except what I build. Lee
Old 05-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Well I took the Knight Disc out today to shoot with the Millet Silver Buck. I am not sure what went wrong. At 50 yards I shot a two inch group. I felt it should have been better. I tried a number of different projectiles and discovered I was out of some that I really wanted to shoot. Overall the 240 grain XTP's with 100 grains of Goex 2f did real well. The 300 grain .458 Hornady HP's shot a 2.5 inch group.

I then took some 200 grain Shockwaves and shot them with 100 grains of Triple Se7en 2f and although they shot a good tight group, it was three inches higher then the other groups. I want to give the rifle another trip to the range and try some other combinations.

I then took out my newest .54 caliber Renegade which I have not shot at any distance yet. At 50 yards it shot a very respectable group with roundball, but with maxiball, powerbelts, and ball-ets I have not found the right powder charge yet. 85 grains of Goex and a patched roundball is a good shooter out of it though.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:56 AM

Dang Cayugad...is there a ML you don't own. I'm jealous. Nice set up on the Knight.