Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 It is Here!!!!  The White Ultra Mag >

It is Here!!!! The White Ultra Mag

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

It is Here!!!! The White Ultra Mag

Old 04-21-2006, 04:17 PM

Default RE: It is Here!!!!

YIKES!!!!! Looks like you really got a rock "CRUSHER"
Really nice looking, and glad to hear you can stuff
most anything, down the bore. When you get through
shuckin all them boat anchor loads, I wonder what it
would do with one of them 300gr. you like so well?
Keep us posted. Danny
Old 04-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

AQUATECH

Should know tomorrow -if everything goes as planned... My scope mounts have not made it yet - so it will be with open sights...

Plus now I am a bit of a delima because I was going to put a 3x9 mil dot Bushnell trophy scope on but Underclocked suggested a 2x7 leupold - well I have a 3x9x32 Leupold compact that came off my son-in-laws 270 - that is really the better scope but it is only a 32mm objective and dual X cross hairs... but right now I am leaning to the Leupold....

let you know tomorrow afternoon....

Old 04-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Dominant Buck

I found the 32mm lens gives you a much better picture as far as clarity. My Nikon Pro Staff is a 32mm and it's fine...
Old 04-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

Yes,I agree so I am putting the rings on the Leupold right now...

Old 04-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got an old bicycle tube? Make yourself an Undertube scope protector!!
Old 04-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Boy Underclocked, that's a mother of invention idea. I like it.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Dominant Buck

I make my scope protector out of duct tape. I lay one sticky side against the other except the inside layer I leave a long tail with the sticky side exposed. I measure the distance between the rings and cut to width, then measure out your scope caps. Remove the caps and wrap the duct tape blanket over the first cap, then the second bringing the blanket all the way around the scope. The long sticky tail then holds the whole thing in place. This way when you want to replace it, there is no duct tape glue on the scope and it is a double layer which protects the scope even more. Being a plastic tape it wipes clean with simple water.

You still have to clean the scope and rings off, but the tape catches the major fowling and heat from the ignition. Plus its cheap to make and I did not get in trouble by removing her inner tube from her bike tire(as if she ever rides the thing anyway...)
Old 04-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

OK - I am cleaned up - treated barrel - AND the scope is installed. I went with the Leupold 3x9x32 compact- but I used low mount ring so it did contact the front sight just a bit - removed the front sight for now. The spare Warne bases that I had for the A&H will work for now until the new ones get here. The rear base fits perfect the front base is just a bit long - but for target practice tomorrow it will be just fine...

I did install a pre-shot 209 cap from one of the shotguns and squeezed the trigger a couple of times - really nice triger pull on the Bold trigger that comes with these guns. They are fully adjustable + I have a spare as it is the same trigger used on an A&H. I really tighten the cap into the nipple it was a bear to get it out... I hope the blow back form the barrel will force it back during the real thing.

I really do not care what the weather is doing tomorrow I am shooting hope to be able to show you all something with the little bullets I shoot.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Dominant Buck

All joking aside.. that is a beautiful rifle.I really like the looks of that. I will be real interested in hearing what you do with sabots. It is supposed to rain tomorrow and I have a lot of work to do outside before play time &fishing goes into high gear. But if the weather breaks,I might use it as an excuse to do some shooting myself.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

But you need the nuclear grade protector!

Special Undertube with custom fit vinyl cap on side turret cover. 3/4" PVC pipe shaped to fit, covered with thin layer of rubber and held in place by a chunk of foam wedged between the cover and Undertube. Trouble is that it takes 5 minutes to recap the rifle.

Quick Reply: It is Here!!!! The White Ultra Mag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.