Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Underclocked has been kinda quiet lately >

Underclocked has been kinda quiet lately

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Underclocked has been kinda quiet lately

Old 03-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Underclocked has been kinda quiet lately

Not a peep out of UC in 28 hrs. He is sitting on 499 posts, about to get his drop tines, and I can't help but wonder . . . What's he cooking up for his next thread?

Happy Hunting, Phil
Old 03-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Underclocked has been kinda quiet lately

Pglasgow

My take on UC: he is one of those men that speaks when he has a direct point and when he does speak he has something to say that is worth listening to. I have known his famous log-on name from many other forums in the past and his famous exclamative WHUT! which you all will learn to understand as time passes.

I am not sure that his next post, his 500th, the post thatwill move him from a Rack Buck to a NON-Typical will really change his view on life... He is his own man.

He will back! or however Arnold says it....
Old 03-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think I hear a hum in the back ground, are we ready to duck? Lee
Old 03-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had ta think o sumpim worth sayin. First of all, shuddup!

New (to most) source of conicals and bulletsfor muzzleloaders - http://bullshop.gunloads.com/prices.html Bullet Man Dan casts some very good looking bulets at extremely competitive pricing. I have had him cast up 500 .451 conicals in pure lead that will weigh ~430 grains each and are based upon the Lyman 457193 mould. That mould makes a bullet very similar to one I produce myself from a LEE 457-405F mold. The one I make is superbly accurate and I expect Dan's will be just as good. The total cost of those 500 conicals, lubed with his own #2 lube, will be $105 delivered from Alaska!

If you go to Dan's sight, take a look at his Links page and then Bullet Auction links. There you will get alook at some of the bullets he produces. They all look extremely good to me. He should also be able to produce bullets that would work well in sabots.Bullets can be produced in the alloy/hardness of your choice or pure lead as are mine.

The great brotherhood of the DWBs will be working with Dan to find a most appropriate design for a .50 - .504 conical and hopefully he will be producing such a bullet soon. Meanwhile, Dan has stated he has other moulds which should produce very acceptable .50 cal conicals. We're communicating and I'm sure something good will come of it.

Just a heads up to some of you that like a choice and appreciate quality bargains. I will report back after testing the conicals Dan has produced for me. They are to be shipped tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

UC

Looking forward to hearting how they do for ya.

Happy Hunting, Phil