Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How quiet is you bow? >

How quiet is you bow?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How quiet is you bow?

Old 08-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default How quiet is you bow?

Mine is like tapping a wooden box with your finger. Deer don't seem to know were the shots came from. They look at the ground were the arrow impacted. If I miss (and I did a lot last year) they would just look around confused. One deer I shot twice, never knew I was there. One I shot at down wind so the sound should have been amplifyed. After missing the deer came right back and stared in to the woods to my left. I knocked another and sent it on target. Even after the kill another deer came back and stood 15 yards out staring at the same spot, I was now on the ground. I had to wistle and wave my arms to get it's attention to flee.

When I shoot at my target the sound of the impact 28 yards away is at least twice as loud as the shot next to my ear.

Hows yours?

(many people don't know what's possible)
Old 08-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How quiet is you bow?

Mine is extremely quiet on the draw. I have moleskin around the prongs of my drop-away rest.....super quiet.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

You cant really tell how loud your bow is when you are shooting it. If you can get someone to shoot it for you and stand 10 or 20 yards behind, to the side and out in front " not so you get shot though" and it will sound drasticaly different. If you get out in front even a bow that seems fairly loud while shooting doesnt make half the noise your arrow will. Try it, I bet you will be amazed.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mine sounds very quiet, but on a review test in a mag, with a decible meter I wanna say most were around 70-80 decibles which is quite loud.....

I think its a short lived sound, but that loud sound/pitch can carry.....so while its not aa 80decible man screaming for 5 seconds.....its loud none the less.

If i come across the review I'll report back, but you should have alook, most tests I think have a noise/decible check....and all were about in the same range.

So I think most are louder than you truly think they are....I was surprise by the tests myself....i figured they would have been much quieter.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Mine is so quiet I have to do a double take to see if my arrow actually left the string.

A feller can dream can't he?
Old 08-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty quiet....In fact it doesn't say anything at all!
Old 08-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

My bow is so quiet that I say ... huh ... what ,after the shot
Old 08-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

All I know is that my new HOYT is extremely quiet, compared to my old PSE.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

My bow is fairly quiet it use to sound like i was hitting concrete with a sledge hammer not quiet that loud but there was so much vibration that it was fairly loud then one of my buddies gave me a set of string leaches and said to get a pair of limbsaver things that you stick on up towards the cams there was a night and day difference once i put both of those on.

Quick Reply: How quiet is you bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.