Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 looking for a new smokepole >

looking for a new smokepole

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

looking for a new smokepole

Old 02-08-2006, 08:48 PM

Default RE: looking for a new smokepole

Triple Se7en wow they are beautiful and I love the look and style much more than a new inline(don't get me wrong inline have a big advantage but its not what I am interested in)thats what I want to be hunting with the one problem is I live in Saskatchewan, Canada and getting a firearm over the boarder may be stressful, if even possible. If you know anywhere that these muzzleloaders are sold in Canada more or less in my general area of the country let me know. Another one I was looking at was the T/C renegade.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

I agree the stocks are way ugly and I find no interest in them. Can you get the rifle with a real stock?
Old 02-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pittsburghunter

I agree the (RMC)stocks are way ugly and I find no interest in them. Can you get the rifle with a real stock?
Those laminated stocks get slippery too.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: snowman69

Hello fellas, I owned a Traditions pursuit LT and sold it because it wasn't what I was looking for don't get me wrong it shot great and was easy to clean and well balanced but I want to get a little moretraditional(not as traditional as a flintlock) but something that uses a #11 cap doesn't have to bean inline. I would like a .50cal and I want something that 100yrds is a fairly long shot. You guys get my drift so I guess what I am asking is what are the recomendations for a brand/name etc.
IMO, TC Hawkens are an excellent possibility...good quality,looks,price, very reliable and accurate...plus TC has a real,no charge lifetimewarranty second to none, regardless if original owner or not...the lowest risk purchase of a used muzzleloader that there is.

With a lot of people usingmoderate powder charges for hunting compared to a max or near max charge, I'd suggest that a .54cal might be a better choice if you expect a lot of shot opportunities at 100yds...not saying a .50 won't get it done, but if it was me I'd err on the side of the bigger caliber...the heavier 230grn ball will carry higher energy out to longer distances than a smaller 180grn ball.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:01 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: lonewolf5347
Hey snowman I know someone selling a super nice Renegade in 50 cal. wears a peep sight excellent condition.I turn on sabotloader to the t/c omega he had f/s
PM'd ya