Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 CVA Kodiak Magnum .45 caliber!!! >

CVA Kodiak Magnum .45 caliber!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Kodiak Magnum .45 caliber!!!

Old 12-19-2005, 05:30 PM

Default CVA Kodiak Magnum .45 caliber!!!

I found a place that has these rifles as low as 149.99 for the blued, black synthetic stock. They are in .45 cal. only. I have seen Oneil Williams, Chad Scherrer, and one of CVA's main executives use these rifles and make extrordinary shots at very long ranges. One shot was at 217 yards. I read the article in another forum in which several people said that they were trash and unsafe. They also commented on CVA's blowing up and having other problems. I know people that have used them for years without a single problem. Are these guys just blowin smoke or what. I just bought a firebolt magnum from Cabelas on closeout for 119.00 after a 10.00 coupon. It had the special stock made for Cabelas that has the wood grain appearance. Let me tell you that this is one nice rifle. One nice feature is the solid stock and not the hollow type like some other companies put on theirs. If anyone is interested in a .45 firebolt with a grey stock they have them for 119.00. If you have the Christmas book with the 20.00 coupon in it it will be 99.00 plus shipping. You cant beat that for their top of the line bolt rifle. I am just curious though on how safe these rifles are why certain people(R.W.) I care not to name, give them a bad rap. They are great guns for the price and they have a great warranty. The trigger on the firebolt was rough and i sent it to them for fixing or replacement. They received it on the 12th and I got it back on the 16th. The trigger is excellent now and new and they also sent me a new breach plug with a #11 nipple and musket nipple in case I dont want to use 209 primers or if I go to a state thate that wont let you use them. It was free for the asking due to having to return a new trigger on a new rifle. I was on the phone on the 16th talking to CVA about when I would receive the trigger back and they said it is first come first served but they would take care of me. After I got off the phone the trigger came in the mail. That is what I call service. People can bad mouth CVA all they want, but there are bad eggs in every brand of everything made.