Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 new product- hype or what? >

new product- hype or what?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

new product- hype or what?

Old 12-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default new product- hype or what?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CVA-Optima-Muzzl...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-08-2005, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: new product- hype or what?

I dunno...Perhaps.

I have not tried it but I am considering the 25 ACP conversion for the Encore/Omega. Not because I am having accuracy issues becausemy ML'sare shooting several different loads at or about +-2" at 100 yards. Which is plenty accurate for any hunting situation IMHO.

That said, I am somewhat of a techno junkie and I think that PR-Bullet may be on to something.Some 209 primer manufactureres are issuing a cooler "for ML specifically" 209 versions.

I do think that perhaps there is something to having too much ignition as it relates to some powders. Certainly with 777 (which is an excellent substitute powder) you can get a crusty (the "crud ring") formation near the breech area depending on which 209 primer you are shooting.

Anything that reduces fouling yet offer reliable ignition and maintains good accuracy is a win situation for modern ML's. For the more traditional ML's I myself don't really mind some fouling

I think a few folks here at the forum have tried the PR-Bullet Breech Plug Rifle/Pistol primer conversion. Let's see if they will jump into the thread.

I am also sure you will hear a wide variety of views on this subject including the "if it's not broke, why fix it?".

Regards,

Tahquamenon