Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Pleased With Powerbelts >

Pleased With Powerbelts

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pleased With Powerbelts

Old 11-20-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Pleased With Powerbelts

I shot my first deer with the powerbelt 245 grain aerotip the other day. It was approximately 45 yards away and broadside. I shot him just behind the shoulder. After the shot he tucked tail and run. I heard him crash about 45 seconds later, and decided to wait about 30 minutes. After another 2-3 minutes I heard him again, and thought ohh no he got up!

After about 25 minutes I went to the spot where he was when I shot. I found no blood anywhere. I knew that I was holding a bit high whenI shot. There were 2 trails about 10 feet apart, so I decided to follow the lower one. After about 40 yards I found no sign. I started to get worried until I looked up the hill and saw him laying there. He was a decent eight pointer. I hit him in the middle of the side just behind the shoulder. He ran about 40 yards before expiring. AfterI found himI back tracked and found a great blood trial that started 20 yards from the impact point. I did find one single drop of blood that I overlooked where he was standing when I shot.

After I skinned him I found that the hole was about twice the size of the entrance wound. It hit both lungs and a rib on the way out.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Pleased With Powerbelts

congratulations on the deer.. sounds like you had one running dead. That happens no matter what you shoot. And you did get a complete pass through, so it sounds like the Powerbelt really did a nice job for you... Again, congratulations. Those are the same Powerbelts I shoot out of my CVA Staghorn with 100 grains of Goex and the accuracy is really hard to believe. I just wish they were not so expensive because I could really get into shooting them..
Old 11-20-2005, 08:35 PM

Nice job Criggster! My brother in law took a doe at 48 yds. (laser ranged) out of his CVA Optima Pro with 90 gr. Pyrodex RS and a 295 Powerbelt Aerotip. He hit high but took out 2 vertebrae. It dropped where it stood and kicked twice and that was it. It was a truly amazing shot. Those Powerbelts work well. Again congrats.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:12 AM

congrats. on a fine deer. those powerbelts are great. I use them in my CVA as does my wife.
they have preformed well for us both for several years.
as caygurd said, I wish they weren't so exspensive also.great job.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats

Old 11-22-2005, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Powerbelts work for me.

I am 2 for 2 with them and this is my first year with my smoke pole!