Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Thanks to Cayugad and all >

Thanks to Cayugad and all

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thanks to Cayugad and all

Old 11-18-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Thanks to Cayugad and all

Well,
I got myself a cva optima and shot it a little bit at the range. 2 pellets of 777 under a 245 gr aerotip pwerbelt.With open sites I hit the shots (4 Shots) into 3in group at 50 yards standing no rest. Cayagad had answered a coupla questions on the goex board, and I learned alot from him just from reading other posts.Thanks alot cayugad! Have fun next week ( I just moved this summer from central wi to south dakota and sure will be missing the big woods this season. Thanks again for all the helpful info.
Nathan
Old 11-18-2005, 05:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Thanks to Cayugad and all

Glad to hear the rifle is shooting well and you're happy with the Optima.. Good luck with the rifle.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:58 PM

Just wanted to say I did as you mentioned and looked at the nef. It just didnt "feel" right to me. I wont be putting any super mag loads in my barrel after reading some of your posts. Next year is a knight disc for me! But this year with limited funds(had to trade in) so I couldnt order anyting for an online place.
Dec 10 is bp opener and I have 2 doe tags.
COME ON MEAT!
nathan
Old 11-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Dominant Buck

As you know, tomorrow starts our modern season but I will be out with a muzzleloader. After that we have our muzzleloader season and it will be the flintlocks turn at the gate... I have two tags to fill and hope to get one tomorrow, then I can take a week off and wait for muzzleloader season...

I just got a Knight Disc a while ago. A very nice rifle. I am impressed with it. Sportsman's Guide has a heck of a sale right now on Knight Disc Elite. I think the Stainless model is under $250.00. Not bad for a $400.00 rifle.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Disc Elite™ Black Powder .50 cal. Rifles
Starting At...

$229.97

Compare at $480.00

Save $250.03

More Info >

[/align]

Traditions™ Evolution .50 cal. Bolt Action Muzzleloader with 24" Blued Barrel and New Mossy Oak® Break-Up® Stock

$199.97

More Info >

[/align]

Traditions™ Evolution .50 cal. Bolt Action Muzzleloader with 24" Blued Barrel

$179.97

More Info >

[/align]

Traditions™ Evolution .50 cal. Bolt Action Muzzleloader with 24" Blued Barrel and Walnut Stock

$249.97

More Info >

[/align]

[/align]
Old 11-20-2005, 09:47 AM

rebel i would get a traditions or cva or t/c or remignton or well ok anything but a disc rifle they are a pain in the arse.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Dominant Buck

The Disc Elite is considered one of the best most accurate, of Knight Rifles (of course most Knight Rifles have excellent accuracy reputations). They are reported to have excellent out of the box accuracy. If you're referring to cleaning it.. well they all have to be cleaned. I would take a Knight over any of the CVA or Traditions rifles. I have a Knight Disc (not the Elite or Extreme) but it is a great shooting rifle.. right out of the box it was dead on at 50 yards for me.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks alot Cayugad. Cayugad has helped me a tremendous amount lately. Today I am going to Sportsmans warehouse to get the black powder supplys I need to get started. I hope to shoot it in the next few weeks. Thanks alot everyone.