Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

First BP Squirell

Old 10-25-2005, 06:35 PM

Default First BP Squirell

Don't know if this should go in the Small Game forum, but I just took my first squirell ever and took it with my .32 Traditions Crockett. I just thought since all I ever go out with is black powder rifles that I would post here. I think I've been bit by the BP bug pretty hard. I have to say that is a very accurate rifle when it's sighted in. LOL. I was actually out hunting bunnies and not seeing any when all of a sudden I was getting barked by a squirell. I looked around for it and couldn't see it, but right in front of me maybe 30 ft. was a squirell sitting on a branch. I had to move to make a safe shot and it dropped like a rock. It was a good clean kill and is now in my freezer. I should have stuck around that area because I know there were at least 2 - 3 more squirells around. I have never eaten squirell, but am going to give it a try when I get enough for a meal.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: First BP Squirell

good shooting.. squirrels are hard to hit with a black powder rifle. They are also great to eat when you get enough of them. Keep at it. Nice looking little rifle there!!