Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

squirell calls

Old 02-02-2006, 07:15 AM

Default squirell calls

anbody know if they work?
Old 02-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: squirell calls

I usualy make a mouth call kinda like they do to get them to pop their heads up then i shoot. i dont use store calls
Old 02-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Squirrel in distress call works great!!! In September I rely on it cause there is soo many leaves on the trees. I used it last week and it still works in the late season also.I had onerun into a nest and the call made him stick his head out for a shot. It is great for locating them but it will make them run right up to you so you gotta be ready.I always use it when hunting now. My numbers have trippled!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SPIKEHORN11

Squirrel in distress call works great!!! In September I rely on it cause there is soo many leaves on the trees. I used it last week and it still works in the late season also.I had onerun into a nest and the call made him stick his head out for a shot. It is great for locating them but it will make them run right up to you so you gotta be ready.I always use it when hunting now. My numbers have trippled!!!
How do u use urs? Mine is just like a loud whisthle type thing andi just blow into it and all the squirrels run away from me. Am I doing somethin wrong????
Old 02-02-2006, 07:33 PM

I use a squirelle call and i think it works great.I can bark and whistle with it. When they hear it it definately gets their attention. It works better when they dont know youre there ! hahaMy call works very well.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHunter46

ORIGINAL: SPIKEHORN11

How do u use urs? Mine is just like a loud whisthle type thing andi just blow into it and all the squirrels run away from me. Am I doing somethin wrong????
Mine is a Lohmann (correct spelling????) But I say WEE WEE WEEEEEE in to it. It helps to it you kick up leaves with your foot or beat a sapling on the ground. Like it was said it is better if they don't know your there.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:36 AM

On a calm day, I use two quarters rubbing together between my thumb and index finger. An 85 year old man told me this trick. It works if you have been sitting in an area for a while and need to stir things up. I try to use this every time I go out.

When they have seen me, I use a mouth call.

When they are running from tree to tree or have just jumped into a nest, I use a 3 in 1 Knight and Hail call. It has a bark, whistle and chatter. In all my experience hunting, I have never had results with the whistle.

Up till last year, I hunted squirrels two to three times a week, all season long for about 8 years.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:29 AM

Absolutely, The best I have found is the Faulks with the rubber squeeze tube. The proper time to use it is when you have a tree with multiple squirrels, you can shoot one out wait a few minutes (don't move and don't pick up the squirrel)then give a couple soft barks (I usually hit the call on my leg a few times) and the other squirrels think everything is fine the squirrels will then start doing there thing again. I have shot as many as four squirrels without moving and from the same tree.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:37 PM

I've used my squirrel call toooons of different times. Ones a Baker boy one and the others the Lochman one. Neither has given me any results ever. And I know its not me because I've listened to squirrels barking neumerous times and can replicate it almost exactly. But no results.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:03 PM

thanx guys

Quick Reply: squirell calls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.