Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Traditions warranty >

Traditions warranty

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Traditions warranty

Old 09-05-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Traditions warranty

Has anyone had an expirence with Traditions customer service I was at the range this morning and when I was seating my bullet an I felt my ramrod give (hard to explain) and when I pulled it out the end was broken I have only had the ML for two mths(great ML recommend it to anyone)and I have only used the ramrod for cleaning a couple of times. I am assuming that the ramrod had a weak spot, so I emailed Traditions to see if they will replace it ( I will be very upset if they don't an I have to pay).
Old 09-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Traditions warranty

Gosh I hate to say this but I doubt even T/C would replace a ramrod it is very easy to abuse one. If I built guns I would not replace them for free either because it is easy to break one. However if you make enough noise the sqeeky wheel always gets greese if you know what I mean. They may give you one for cost or free shipping or the likes.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:51 PM

snowman69 - my experience with them is limited to one email which I sent asking if I remove the rear sight on my pursuit, do I need medium or high mounts to clear the hammer. Gave them the name of the mounts I was looking at. The reply - try medium, if not, try high. Hmmmm - thanks a lot. While we are on the subject, should this happen in the field, with an inline I guess you just pull the breech plug and dump the powder charge or pellets. Don't as yet have a tool to remove the slug itself. What do you use?
Old 09-05-2005, 06:03 PM

randyh- I was on the traditions web site and was looking at their ramrod accessories and they do have a tool that attaches to the ramrod to take out bullets. I don't have one but might get one thank goodness the bullet was seated when the ramrod broke and I was able to shoot it. So for now if I had to remove the bullet it would be the way you mentioned(removing the breech plug). I don't blame Traditions for the ramrod breaking,$hit happens I just hope I don't have to wait forever to get a new one and if I do I might get one from my gun guy.

Its called a bullet/ball puller, the only thing about this contraption is it looks like it would render the ball/bullet useless.

Old 09-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

Snowman I bought a collapsable ramrod made by T/C that comes in 4 pieces you can screw together to configure many different sizes when combined with jags of different sizes. It is black made from aluminum and can fit all the rifles I own. (With the right sized jag and configuration)

I use it as my range rod it is threaded both ends and only cost about $15.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: snowman69

Has anyone had an expirence with Traditions customer service I was at the range this morning and when I was seating my bullet an I felt my ramrod give (hard to explain) and when I pulled it out the end was broken I have only had the ML for two mths(great ML recommend it to anyone)and I have only used the ramrod for cleaning a couple of times. I am assuming that the ramrod had a weak spot, so I emailed Traditions to see if they will replace it ( I will be very upset if they don't an I have to pay).
Well I have broke a lot of ramrods. I think you will be more then happy with the response from Tradition's. They usually put up a stink if you have been abusing the thing or it is very old. I have used Tradition's customer support in the past and was very pleased with the way I was treated. They were also real good about answering any questions I had and even offering me advise for solving problems that really were not their concern.

I bought a number of different IBO barrels from Green Mountain Barrel Company a while back. I had a lot of problems with ramrods. I even got a hold of a person there, Rick Sanborn, who treated me excellent andwas actually concerned about my problems. I told Rick his barrels were excellent but his ramrods were junk. He even agreed and explained why they were the way they were. A short time later they sent me new ramrods for my barrels. These were the unbreakable kind with pinned ends. On the new barrels I notice the new ramrods now, so they no long have those other devils around.

If a company is worth their salt, they will be more then reasonable about fixing any problems you might have. After all they have many people watching them and how they treat other hunters. I hope you mentioned in your letter that you visit many different hunting forums and have discussed this issue in the forums. And please let us know how they treat you. All this is very important when we consider future purchases.....
Old 09-05-2005, 06:49 PM

Hey snowman69 I can give you a first hand account of dealing with Traditions. I had some problems with a hammer on a .32 cal Crockett and long story short had to return the gun 3 times. They ended up giving me a new gun that was guaranteed in working condition and it was. They have excellent customer service. Heck I even asked them to pick up my shipping tab and they did. Top notch my friend. I hope you experience the same service I did. Good luck.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

What model of Traditions Snowman? What is the length?

Everyone should have two ramrods for range work. One houses a jag for seating the bullet -- the other houses a brass brush for bore-swabbing.

As soon as you provide me with the model & length, we'll give you a few recommendations on a 2nd one.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:11 PM

I have a new Pursuit LT with the 26" barrel and my guess(without actually measuring) the ramrod is about 24", I have a rod I use at the range for cleaning and swabbing but I use the rod that came with my LT to seat the bullet
Old 09-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

The end is broken on that Pursuit... or did it come off?
If it came off, super glue worked for me.

Quick Reply: Traditions warranty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.