Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Need outfitter in Newfoundland >

Need outfitter in Newfoundland

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Need outfitter in Newfoundland

Old 01-23-2005, 06:00 AM

Default Need outfitter in Newfoundland

Can anybody reccomend an outfitter in Newfoundland for moose/caribou.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need outfitter in Newfoundland

Snowshoe Lake Hunting & Fishing out of Millertown. I have been 3 times (01', 03', & 04'). They are as honest and hard-working as they come. Very nice family run operation and really know the country. Great guides, comfortable camp, great food, and reasonably priced.

Contact Ron Hicks at [email protected]

. . . Rob
Old 01-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

Check out
http://www.moosevalley.com/

Look into them and you will see everyone gives them positive reviews.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:30 AM

chopper69--ROB IN VT has given you the best guiding service in newfoundland. been there 4 times and am going back this year 2005
Old 02-07-2005, 03:22 PM

I'm sure there are a lot of good outfitters in Newfoundland. Every one I met there while hunting was first rate. I went on a moose hunt, not a moose/ caribou combo last fall. I hunted with Patey and Son's Ltd. It was a very well run outfit. It's up in the northwest part, 3/4 of the way up the peninsula. It's unreal how many moose are there. This is a float plane trip. They really treat you like part of the family. There were 4 of us in our camp, 3 shot moose by the second day, one hunter held out for a real trophy. When the chance came at shooting a big one.........he missed. He was the only hunter that week that didn't harvest a moose out of 26 hunters (in all the camps total). He did connect on a nice black bear estimated at 350 pounds. I shot my moose the first day. It had a 40" spread. It didn't have real big palms, but I was happy to harvest it. I saw one exceptional moose harvested, by Newfoundland standards, it was 63". The three hunters in my group all took 40"+ bulls. There is a lot of homework to be done when picking an outfitter up there. There is a lot of them, all I can say is this one did fine by me and I didn't hear anyone complain. I walked up to 3 caribou, one nice stag. Got within 30 yards of it and took some video. It was certainly a shooter. The group that was flying out before us had combo trips and they both limited out with moose and caribou. Hope this helps. Here's the link for them.

http://www.biggameoutfitting.com