Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Looking for Newfoundland Moose Outfitter Recommendations >

Looking for Newfoundland Moose Outfitter Recommendations

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Looking for Newfoundland Moose Outfitter Recommendations

Old 10-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Spike

Default Looking for Newfoundland Moose Outfitter Recommendations

Doing some research and trying to find a quality outfitter to hunt moose with in Newfoundland.Does anyone have any recommendations?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:41 PM

Default RE: Looking for Newfoundland Moose Outfitter Recommendations

NOT the HideAway Lodge.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Spike

Can you provide any details? Something to watch out for with other outfitters?
Old 10-18-2007, 09:55 AM

I would recommend Conne River Outfitters. I just returned from a hunt their the last week of september. 4 guys in my group and we brought home 4 bull moose. Good Guides, Good Food, I would highly recommend.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Spike

Having used Newfoundland Wilderness Outfitters, I can recommend them very highly. Skilled guides, great accomodations, they have kept every promise made. You will see game, and will hunt hard. Located in Gander, they are easy to get to, and have access to a great wilderness area.
Well worth looking into.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Spike

Thanks for the info... How was the size on the bulls?
Old 10-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Spike

As you probably know, the moose are good sized; the antlers do tend to be smaller than other Canadian Moose. And obviously smaller than Youkon.
Mine was 39-40 inches, and fairly good palms. We estimated it at 1100-1200 lbs live weight.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:15 AM
Fork Horn

Can anyone provide a cost estimate for a moose hunt? I have been looking around at various outfitters but price ranges vary greatly - I am wondering what people consider a "fair price."
Old 10-23-2007, 04:40 AM
Spike

One of the problems with pricing concerns the US dollar vs. the Canadian dollar.
Now that the Canadian money is worth more, I expect that prices have risen, probably by quite a bit. That "bargain" from 2-3 years ago has certainly changed.
My suggestion- check prices with the outfitter, check references, see what is included, and make your choice.
$5000-$6000 or more would not surprise me.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:54 AM

As Dave stated, the moose tend to be a bit smaller than the other Canadian Moose. My moose was 36-37 inches with 8 poins and decent palms. The other 3 moose were a bit small all around 30-32 inches. However, I missed a moose thet the guide said was 45+ inches and had really nice palmation and seena moose harvested by a local indiividual that was close to 50 inches. I was told, that anything over 45 inches is a really good bull for Newfoundland. I'm sure there may be bigger but they're very uncommon. I don't know how the exchange rate will affect the prices but as of now the moose hunt where I was at is $3000-$3500 depeding if you go to the main camp or the fly in camp.

Quick Reply: Looking for Newfoundland Moose Outfitter Recommendations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.