Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

? for elkcrazy8

Old 12-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ? for elkcrazy8

Elkcrazy8 I have heard about a archery shoot in Pocatello Idaho either this saterday or next saterday, anyway are you planning on attending and compeating? Pocatello is only about one hour away from me here in IF. If you are commming I would love to come to just meet you and talk elk hunting of course and shoot as well.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ? for elkcrazy8

idahoelkinstructor,I beleive that you are talking about the Idaho Open. I don't plan on hitting that one. I am not much of an NFAA indoor shooter although I shoot an NFAA 5 spot league all winter and also shoot an indoor 3-D league all winter too. I usually do go to the pocatello inivitational tournament and should be at that one later this year. I beleive that one is around the second week of June. I will let you know when the time gets closer. You might want to start planning for the Jamboree in July. That is one awesome time. I look foward to meeting you at a future event. I may also try to hit some more eastern Idaho shoots this year. I packed in 22 tournaments last year. Plan on beating that this year..............
Old 12-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Elkcrazy8 thanks for the reply I haven't had the time in the past to attend the tournaments or any 3-d shoots. But I plan on changing that in the furture, 22 tournaments last year, WOW, that would be awesome and a lot of fun. I am planning on the Jamboree in July with my family. Do I need to make any reservations now? Thanks Jason
Old 12-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

idahoelkinstructor, Just give me a hollar before the shoot and I can tell you where I will be camped along with any other Idaho people on here. You can sign up on friday and have to join the ISB to shoot competitively on saturday. There is always a bugling contest on friday night and the RMEF has an auction. Dwight Shue was there last year and I beleive that he held a seminar. It is a great time. I like to camp away from the main sight only because it can get a little loud late into the night. I like to have a couple of beers around the campfire and retire early. I am big into the competition part and like to get a good nights rest. One or two bottles of aiming fluid the night before is usually enough for me. As far as reservations, you don't need to make any. Just show up and have a great time. My girlfriend(life partner) always comes with me and holds down the fort. So if you have anyone who doesn't shoot and wants to come, they may have some company. There is usually a huge arts and crafts fair that weekend in Stanley too. Pretty country.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:58 PM

I have attended this event the last 2 years, and it is a whole lot of fun. I set up a tent right along with the other shooters as there is plenty of spots for the picking. I think its nice to stay right close by instead of away from the jamboree, as I like to mingle with other people with the same interests and have made alot of friends in the two years I have attended the event. As far as the noise level at night is concerned its respectively pretty peaceful I thought. Hope to see you there, I am the guy that will be packing around a long bow, RobinHood36...