Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Wanting info on Elk hunt..Outfitters >

Wanting info on Elk hunt..Outfitters

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wanting info on Elk hunt..Outfitters

Old 12-09-2004, 07:29 PM

Default Wanting info on Elk hunt..Outfitters

Me and a buddy of mine are thinking of trying to go on a elk hunt next year. We are stationed in MO so I was thinking Colorado since it is about a 11 or 12 hour drive. Anyone know of any good outfitters for a rifle hunt? I've looked on some website and some have a mule deer elk combo, and that would be nice. We are in the military so we aint rich, but maybe someone will give a military discount. Don't want to hunt on any game ranch. Also if anyone has got any ideas of other states that are somewhere in the area that we are looking for, please let me know. either one of us have been on a hunt like this. We have PT or physical training 3 times a week, so the walking and rough hunting won't bothr us since we are in pretty good shape. Really don't have to be an outfitter, but we have no idea where to start so if someone just needs some partners for next year that would be great. Thanks
Old 12-09-2004, 07:45 PM

Default RE: Wanting info on Elk hunt..Outfitters

There is some ranchers in Utah who charge tresspass fees. A lot cheaper than a guided hunt. I took some guys on the ranch this year from ca. in 3 days we killed four bulls and 2 cows. the biggest was a 6x5
Old 12-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

I went for the first time in november unguided and i must say it was the best hunt i have ever had in my life.i had to let a bull walk it was too far to shoot (800) but i did take a 10 Point Muley at 450.I would suggest you get in shape for one thing its ruff there and two post on the board to swap a hunt .guided hunts run 1900 to 3500.
I swapped a Boar hunt for a Elk and we are doing it again next year
Old 12-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Try this site http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outf...bmit_action=Go

This page is for Colorado. But you can pick any state

Drop camps are always a good option!!!
Old 12-21-2004, 01:16 PM

If your going to pay an outfitter, be SURE its a trophy area. if your going to a general hunt area just do it yourself, save the money, enjoy, learn,and wait until you get a draw only tag in a trophy area, then fork out the big money for a guide.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

In NM they have Military-Only Hunts; I don't know much about them. Go to www.wildlife.state.nm.us or call (505)476-8087. Good luck.