Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

More What?

Old 10-27-2004, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: More What?

Nice bull elknut. I haven't spoke with you in a while. We ended up fairly well ourselves. We killed 5 bulls, one cow, a moose , 3 antelope, 3 deer, and 9 turkies this year. My feet are sore and my boots are worn out. But the eaten is good
Old 10-29-2004, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

Well Elknut1, whats a little adrenaline rush anyway. I can control myself after I stop shaking. And yes I was alittle geared up, but if I ever lose that feeling I will probably stop hunting. It is that feeling that has my stepson hooked. And I wasn't shaking anything like he was. It was fun to watch. I am just sorry he missed that 4x. That could have been real fun. I would have been so proud to help pack out that bull, heck I would have payed to have it mounted.
On another note Rather_be_huntin, I have been there twice, god what a horrible feeling. I recommend that you get out in the field, it brings a little peace back to the brain that you need right now. It saved my butt.
Gselkhunter
Old 10-29-2004, 12:58 PM
Typical Buck

For myself, this is the time of year where I'm least likely to be sitting around on the computer arguing about whether you should hold your bow in your right hand or your left hand when you toot your bugle. I've got bigger fish to fry right now. Catch me in December.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:33 AM

ekm;

All I have to share is sad stories--- who wants to hear that-- Ha. I went hunting out in elknut1's area during bow season this year and last. He called in a 4 point for me last year
which was my first elk very proud of it. I went out by myself quite a bit this year and got on a few but seemed like something always happened.One day I left my grunt tube where I took a break as I was going to a bull when I needed it --- I didn't have it-- what a bad feeling when a bull is bugling close by---I lost it -- literally. I did go back in a couple of days and found it.
Another morning I was driving to the place I was going to hunt and not being real familar with the area-before daylight-- I decided to stop and check my gps. when I pulled over and opened the door of the vechile one was bugling close by!!! Grabbing stuff in a hurry, I could not find my mouth calls-- but I had the tube that I had lost and then found.OH NO!!
I got on him with cow callls and got pretty close but he was heading out and it seemed I couldn't get ahead of him so I went back to the place I was staying at and found my calls in the shirt I had worn the day before.[:@]
One day while out with one of elknut1's friend joe I got a bad hit on a good bull when my arrow hit a limb and deflected it way to the back.[:@] We waited 4 hours and went looking
for him with no luck. we looked for hours. Elknut and I went back in a couple of days and didn't find any birds or anything so elknut1 said he was not down.
Also had an arrow deflected on a shot at a cow near the end of my hunt.[:@] I had called her in pleanty close but I made the mistake of getting behind some stuff that was too thick to shoot through.
Elknut1 that 5 point looks really nice I should have been hunting with you that day huh?

Rather be ; sorry to hear about your situation, but look up- things will get better.

Enjoy reading you guys post- everyone have a great day
Old 11-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry EKM Iam kind of a slut when it comes to hunting early Sept my mind and heart is on Elk hunting them comes Oct ,Nov whitetails pheasnt and ducks Dec goose and start smoking yotes then Jan down south for ducks again and still calling and killing yotes till march then start thinking turkey then spring bear.

But hopefully next year MOOSE Been sending for a maine moose tag for five years this has to be the year.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:55 PM

I understand Maine is a tough moose draw, have you considered Ontario?

EKM