Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Archery Deer in Utah - 1 month and counting! >

Archery Deer in Utah - 1 month and counting!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Archery Deer in Utah - 1 month and counting!

Old 07-20-2004, 10:17 PM

Default Archery Deer in Utah - 1 month and counting!

Ahhh... one month from today I'll be sitting in my tent trying to sleep before the opener. I hate this time of year when the hunt is sooo close. Anyone have any good tricks to waste some time over the next month!
Old 07-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Archery Deer in Utah - 1 month and counting!

We've got a 3-D deer target. We like to go out in the hills and go 3-D target hunting. One guy takes the target and places it somewhere in the trees (by the previous rounds winner). After the deer is placed he gives a holler and we then have to "stalk" through the trees and look for the deer. We usually have 3 or 4 guys and you walk side by side and once the deer is spotted you all shoot from exactly where you're at. Doesn't matter if its 10 yds or 60 yds or if there is tree branches in the way you have to twist your body to get a clear shot. The first one to hit vitals is thats rounds winner.

Kind of a laim game but it passes the time and helps you be more accurate with your bow. Gets you used to ranging under pressure too. I can't stand the wait either. All the gear is packed and ready to go, the bow has been tuned and re-tuned, and almost all the time off has been requested and approved.