Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 1 month and counting! >

1 month and counting!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

1 month and counting!

Old 07-31-2004, 05:39 PM

Default 1 month and counting!

Until the DE Archery Deer Season! Feel the excitement in the air!

I was out bright and early this morning. Saw no deer at the public ground, but I did see a nice a doe at the leased place. The deer have hit both corn piles I put out and the scat around the pile by my stand indicates a big deer, if you believe that kinda stuff. I had some issues with the Trial Cam which I posted in the deer hunting forum. Hopefully I can get it straightened out and see whats movin around by the stand.

Bring on 9/1 man! Im ready!
Old 07-31-2004, 05:50 PM

Default RE: 1 month and counting!

i am with u..i am seeing deer on the sides of highways and such they look like goats at times when i spot them on a sloped hill i havent been scouting, but i will sunday a bit. i am hoping to tag early, i say that every year, and get a quality tag.

have u guys been seeing more in the morning or evening??
Old 07-31-2004, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

definatly evenings, i try to scout at least 3 times a week, even if it means sitting in my truck watching a bean field, most of the deer movements are between 19:30 and 20:25, saw a bachelor party of 3 bucks wed, man was i pumped!! bring on sept 15th!!
Old 08-01-2004, 11:05 AM

that's what i am talking about.....i guy puts up a post and gives us the exact time. now we have something to go on. thanks for the info. i will post my findings this afternoon. mayb some pics
Old 08-01-2004, 09:14 PM

i made it out 2day. there was some ok sign..nothing over the top. i saw 1 doe feeding along the edges in one field at 730pm. she looked at me a few times, but could make me out. i was standing in the middle of this field i snapped a few pics. this field was tilled
early in the summer and is now cover with a type of long grass. 3 foot high??? what did they put in it(public land). i looked at a few acorn trees and could not make out an acorn. persimmons looked good. my 2 beechnut trees have some huge nutz on them...sorry hoof prints were everywhere, but it wasnt what i expected. there is so much to eat for these animals that they do not have to move far. berries are everywhere. the deer droppings were every color that u could imagine. the first month is always tough for me. this year i am going to bunker down in one location and hunt it until they come to it. i may start in the field where i saw the doe this evening. i have included the pic, but u cant see the doe. she is below the st stand to the right. i had to size the pic and u cant see her.

Old 08-01-2004, 09:17 PM

pic of side to side corn. there were some nice prints through here. have u ever peeled back an ear of corn from these fields. my god, it like armor

Old 08-01-2004, 09:20 PM

this is beechnut...let me tell u something. u find this mass and u have found meat for the fridge...persimmons have the same effect. it tunrs darkk and then falls to the ground...very tasty

Old 08-01-2004, 09:23 PM

this where i used to live...my god i miss that place killed my biggest buck in that area...nearly killed a MONSTER my second year hunting, but i blew the setup. the deer was an absolute brute....and i aint ever lying.

Old 08-02-2004, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice quality pics. I only have one problem....those aren't Beech nuts, these are:

Old 08-02-2004, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those look like Hickory nuts to me....I could be wrong though. We have a ton on Hickory around here. People say that deer won't/can't crack a Hickory nut....I disagree, but everyone's always right.

Bark when young

Bark when older

Quick Reply: 1 month and counting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.