Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 anyone from montana in here >

anyone from montana in here

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

anyone from montana in here

Old 07-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anyone from montana in here

Hey Bobby how far are you from Troy?I go up there all the time have family there.Hunt up around Loone Lake,and Preachers Nob.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:47 PM

smack dab in the middle, great falls to be exact, Bobby, a buddy of mine drew a moose tag by eureka(lucky so and so) that's where i've been puttin in forever without a draw, any moose up there?
Old 07-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

BJ, that is too funny as your coming this way to hunt and I am going out your way to do the same. I do a lot of trout fishing down below the dam on Lake koocanusa near Libby, thats just maybe an hour away. I like going there cause of the state record rainbow has been broken several times down there. Troy is just between the idaho border and libby. If you get out this way shoot me an e-mail. I got some primo stands here in the bush and can only hunt one place at one time. Bobby
Old 07-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Speed, I was making phone calls to people last year and was asking if anyone had a tag. Moose aren't too dificult to get, especially a cow, just make sure it doesn't hav a calf nearby but it really depends on how choosey ya want too be. Last year I encountered two bulls battling and strutting as I tried too stalk and take pictures during bow season for about 5 minutes. I got within 30 yrds of these and this one bull was the biggest I have ever seen in the 5 yrs I have been here, I put a huge larch tree between me and the battle but I was thinking that they would bring the battle my way since I was cross wind, but any way in my excitemite, I never did get the first picture as they drifted off in the thicket. [:@] Bobby
Old 07-11-2004, 02:10 PM

missoula by way of helena
Old 07-28-2004, 02:55 PM

Hey guys did you hear that U.S.Outfitters is trying to force Montana into issueing as many non-resident hunting lisces as resident just like they did in Arizona. Start boycotting and reading the posts about the Az court decision to get up to speed. Fight em all the way, dont let your game and fish dept. roll over, make USO speed every dime they have to enforce it. good luck - Mike