Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

GREAT NEW TOOL!

Old 02-22-2002, 04:16 PM

Default GREAT NEW TOOL!

During my Oryx hunt, I used a new tool that was so great I wanted to share it with all of you. During the gutting, what to do with the pelvis has always been with us. I found a "SAGEN'S HUNTER FIELD SAW" at Cabela's that is worth it's weight in gold. Cost is $19.00. The saw weighs less than a pound with its nylon case. I've always split the pelvis, and had gotten pretty good at it, but it took a few minutes to do it without making a mess and the risk of cutting something you didn't want cut was always a risk. This saw did it in about 15 seconds and was risk free. When a game warden showed up, I cut the pelvis again. Also in about 15 seconds. Richard said he was going to get one. My son Michael stole it off me, with my permission. I had to take it off my belt to give it to him. Now I know what I'm giving to my hunter friends next Christmas. Thanks again. Good luck all.
Old 02-23-2002, 09:40 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-23-2002, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GREAT NEW TOOL!

There is also a nifty little "saw" called a Zip Saw. It looks like those roap saws in a first aid kit. They are the cats meow for cutting through the pelvis and there is no worry about cutting something wrong as you are cutting from the inside out not the outside in. As for cutting the pelvis while gutting, why? Learned to cut around the rear end, and on the inside, then do the same from the inside down the pelvis and pull it right back through. It takes a little bit long but there is no more equipment needed and if you are careful enough there is no worries about cuttin anything you shouldnt.
Old 02-24-2002, 11:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

THANKS FOR THE INFO WILL LOOK INTO GETTING ONE
Old 02-25-2002, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Will have to try it ,Thanks.
Old 02-25-2002, 11:13 PM

Looking back at this posting, I didn't give much info on the saw. Weight=4 oz. Blade length=2 1/2". OVERALL LENGTH=5". Sorry for the goof. HAVE A GREAT DAY.