Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

locked up moose pics

Old 04-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default locked up moose pics

Just got back from our turkey banquet tonight and got to see an awesome set of moose horns. A shed hunter here in NH found these guys locked up and called our F&G. Their going to have the two big boys mounted for F&G to use in shows that they attend and around the state as well.

I've heard of deer locking up but never moose. I don't know the whole story but will find out soon. The F&G officer attending the banquet did mention that the one has a 61" spread and the other one in the 55" range. I thought this was an awesome sight and just thought I share it. Look at the force these two were fighting at in the 2nd photo. The ones points actually put holes in the others rack! Must have been one hell of a fight!

Old 04-03-2004, 02:35 PM

Default RE: locked up moose pics

Man, I am totally impressed!! I would guess that this is a rare occurance for moose? And a 55 and 61" in the lower 48 is really awesome! Thanks for sharing....
Old 04-03-2004, 03:01 PM

Cool Picture. Whitetail and Muskies, it does happen just like deer. I know of many that have found the heads together in the woods.

Those are nice moose for the lower 48.

Moose

Old 04-03-2004, 08:42 PM
DM

I was in King Salmon Alaska, and saw a set of locked up antlers off two moose, both in the 70 inch size. The animials were found starved to death.

I've heard of this a few times over the years, and even had a friend find a couple with locked horns that had been that way for several days. He went back with a chain saw, and sawed the horns on one!!

I sure would have liked to have been there with a cam corder!! I don't thing it's really all that rare.

Drilling Man
Old 04-04-2004, 03:49 PM

In Ontario, I believe the all time record was for two moose locked together. I don't have the link right now but Google Foundation for Recognition of Ontario Wildlife and you can see for yourselves.

Mike
Old 04-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]