Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures >

Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures

Old 04-02-2004, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures

Since so many are asking about these bullets I started a thread to discuss the merrits of each.All are bonded, ballistic-tipped, lead-core bullets but the jacket taper on each is different. The Scirocco is thin right near the tip and then pretty much thick the rest of the way down the side. The Accubond has a thinner jacked toward the nose and tapers to a thicker jacket toward the heel. I suspect you'll get better energy transfer with the Accubond but if you're after heavy game (big bear, elk, moose) something of a heavier bullet might be warranted. The Hornady Interbond looks very much like the Accubond so either would probably be a pretty good bullet for deer up to elk sized game.

Scirocco;

Accubond;

Hornady Interbond;

Personally I like the way the Accubond is designed and will be using it for everything this next year. I hunt deer, elk, and black bear and have used the Scirocco on deer but in my opinion it's too much for deer.

http://www.powerandfury.net/j02deer.html

Also found this site on bullet selection while finding pictures for this reply. Pretty good read;

http://www.shortmags.org/shortmags/r...tselection.htm
Old 04-02-2004, 09:39 PM
jjt

Default RE: Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures

power

over the last 2 months (when weather permits) i have tested all three bullets at the range in my .300 wm

all three performed very well

i would rank

#1 nosler accubond
#2 hornady innerbond
#3 swift scirroco

#1 because i trust nosler products and have used them for years plus i belive they take there time and put out the highest of quality products

#2 the inner bond performed great as there are alot of similarities between it and the accubond this won my #2 spot simply because of the price difference

#3 the scirroco got the #3 spot because of the jacket design or lack there of it has less jacket (expansion) design and is longer than the accubond(.055 in)

i would not hesitate to use any of the three on coyotes to moose
Old 04-03-2004, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

Scirocco with that polymer tip for rapid exspansion and yet having alot of jacket to keep it together looks like a mighty fine bullet for good energy release on impact yet having weight retention for penetration.

My questions.

How does it preform at higher velocities?

How does it preform on accuracy vs. other boattail bullets?
Old 04-03-2004, 12:14 PM
jjt

cherokee

after working up a load with all three bullets i got great accuracy in my .300 wm and i might add it didnt take much tweeking as they were all fairly similiar

with all three bullets i can get sub moa groups and ocasionally 1/2 moa groups(all 5 shot groups)

after talking to nosler swift and hornady they all specificly said the bullet was designed to tolerate high velocity impacts as well as great down range capabilities
Old 04-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

JTT, kind of my idea exactly! I would rank them the same. The problem I have with the Scirocco is the bullet is really long for it's weight and I had a hard time reloading with it due to it's length. I couldn't load it as long as I needed to in order to have the correct OAL. It was too long to fit in my magazine. That's part of the reason I'm looking for a different bullet.